Roots is more than just an/the iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Web Designer, Email Specialist who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Web Designer, Email Specialist responsible for the design, development, coding, building and quality assurance testing of customer-facing dynamic email communications.
The Web Designer, Email Specialist for Roots will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Executes email design with adherence to brand guidelines established for campaigns, using given logos, imagery, copy, etc.
- Uses CSS, HTML to develop, code and quality assurance test highly dynamic and mobile responsive emails for distribution through a variety of email service providers
- Utilizes our email pre-deployment application to quality test, track and report on email renderings across multiple email clients, platforms and devices to ensure final email versions are flawless
- Serves as the point-of-contact for the Marketing Campaign Managers within the department for all email campaign buildouts
- Works closely with Marketing Campaign Managers to ensure on-time deliverables with effectiveness and efficiency, including the communication of status, complications, developments and next steps
- Utilizes knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions for the optimization of design, layout, coding, messaging, and deliverability
- Sets up A/B testing content (i.e. subject lines, preheaders, hero imagery, messaging) for emails per campaign initiative
- Collaboration with product, marketing and creative for an omnichannel customer experience
- Meeting tight timelines and last-minute adjustments
- Open to feedback and adjusting designs
Top candidates for the Web Designer, Email Specialist role will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Diploma paired with a minimum of five (5) years’ in related field or equivalent
- 4+ years in related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years hands-on email design and coding/production experience
- Experience with enterprise email technology (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Hubspot, etc.) preferred.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- Strong fluency in HTML/CSS for proficiency in responsive email design; must understand cross-browser, client, device and front-end development issues.
- Understanding of email design and deliverability issues within various platforms.
- Very high attention to detail in email build-out and quality assurance testing.
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to multitask complex projects with general direction.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with effectiveness, efficiency and adaptiveness.
- Experience collaborating with copywriters and other designers.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and e-mail regulatory compliance is a bonus.
- Knowledge of AMPscript is a bonus.
The Web Designer, Email Specialist role is eligible for
- A generous clothing allowance and employee discount
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.