Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is looking for a Specialist with 3-5 years of hands-on experience developing across the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform. This person will support implementation and platform operations for email and mobile communications across multiple brands including The Knot and WeddingWire. The Specialist has experience developing dynamic, personalized communications leveraging HTML, CSS and AMPScript and has advanced SQL segmentation and data configuration skills. The Specialist will be the subject matter expert and resource for the team for coding and SQL. The ideal candidate is curious and proactively seeks out new technical solutions to improve the program. Part of a nine-person international lifecycle marketing team. Reports to the Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing.
This role can be based in Remote.
- Data Integration - Manage data integrations, solve errors, and ensure daily automations run smoothly. Work with the data engineering team to set up new data integration automations and solve for integration challenges.
- Build & Execute - Assist with implementation and QA of automations and journeys. Troubleshoot automation and journey errors.
- Continuous Improvement - Make recommendations to improve technical implementation of program and platforms.
- Email Development - Support the rest of the team by building the more complex messages that have advanced CSS and AMPScript.
- Personalized Experiences - Use dynamic content (AMPScript) and available data to create personalized email and push messages.
- Inbox Experience - Deliver a great inbox experience. Ensure all of our messages are top notch technically. Bring action to the inbox with interactive elements including AMP for Email.
- Platform Releases - Stay up to date on the latest platform releases and technology advancements. Identify how those changes can advance the existing program and present to the team.
- Platform Management - maintain users and user permissions in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Partner with other teams to implement solutions such as triggered messages and API connections. Be the team point of contact for the company’s transactional platforms (Customer.io and Mandrill) and help connect the dots.
- Reporting - Ensure that live messages follow established tracking schema. Put appropriate tracking in place for efficient reporting of complex journeys.
- Team Training - As the subject matter expert on all things technical for the email and mobile communications channels, you also help identify skill gaps and teach the team.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 3-5 years of hands-on, technical experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud or an enterprise-level marketing automation platform
- Expert with HTML/CSS coding for email and responsive design best practices
- Advanced experience with AMPScript to create dynamic, personalized content
- Experience with databases and advanced SQL skills
- Experience setting up and managing data extensions in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- AMP for Email is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple teams
- Ability to solve complex data and technical issues
- Must exhibit strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent team player with strong collaborative skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate, and flourish in a fast-paced, global environment
- An ability to prioritize multiple active projects, multi-task and manage time effectively to meet (sometimes quick) deadlines
- Attention to detail
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.