We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
What You'll Do
The Specialist, Email Marketing will work collaboratively with Bain’s Digital Marketing team to manage, support and help improve the performance of our email marketing campaigns. He / she will support the scheduling and day-to-day execution of email marketing campaigns, but also play an important role in defining our overall email marketing strategy.
As a key member of the Global Digital Marketing team, the Specialist, Email Marketing will collaborate with Global Marketing colleagues on best practices and strategies to continuously improve the effectiveness of our emails. He/she will become proficient in multiple systems and tools, including Marketo and Salesforce Marketing Cloud to manage and execute a variety of email marketing campaigns. He/she will proactively collaborate with internal customers and marketing teams on email marketing initiatives, taking responsibility for performance, quality, support and reporting.
- In collaboration with Senior Manager of Email Marketing, develop and execute email marketing campaigns utilizing Bain’s ESP, marketing automation platform and other marketing software (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Episerver, Kapost, etc.)
- Coordinate with internal departments on requirements and deadlines. Primary mailing contact for internal customers throughout the mailing lifecycle
- Maintain the opt in subscription center with support from internal and external technology partners
- Manage the process for reporting performance metrics to the larger Global Marketing team and relevant Practice Areas
- Manage and optimize email templates; improve email process and efficiency
- Drive mobile design and innovation; ensure emails are viewable on mobile devices
- Continuously test, analyze and optimize emails, content, subscription pages to increase open rates, click through rates and other key email marketing metrics
- Responsible for project management and managing calendar/schedules for email campaigns. Communicates schedules to all participants and keeps mailings on schedule
- Monitoring and troubleshooting email deliverability
- Troubleshoot technical issues and consult with IT or vendor technical support to implement solutions
- Regularly researches and evaluates the latest email marketing trends and makes recommendations for Bain's email marketing programs
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience working with an ESP, ideally within a B2B context
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in digital marketing required
- Knowledge of industry best practices for email marketing and the ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experience working with other relevant marketing systems (Salesforce), marketing databases and web based applications
- Strong analytical skills; Demonstrated passion for digging into data to test hypothesis and continually improve results
- Process-oriented with strong problem solving skills and a technical aptitude
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment; Enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Highly collaborative individual who enjoys teamwork
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills required
- Outstanding written and communication skills required
- Experience in a professional services firm highly desirable
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.