At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals, business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture, business productivity, and employee engagement.
SHRM marketing applies an audience-centric model to its operations. In this role you will support a specific audience segment that plays a role in the world of work. Across each Marketing Audience Segment Team, you will operationalize and execute acquisition, retention, engagement and product marketing. Intense understanding of audience insights and behaviors as well as marketing technology and enablement tools is required. In order to motivate the audience to action this role requires strong marketing storytelling, reporting and optimization, and expertise in Marketo, SalesForce (Integration Studio, Community Cloud, etc.), and Google Analytics.
- Deployment expert of integrated marketing plan – digital and traditional
- Drives loyalty and preference with audience creating high CLV
- Write marketing plans and marketing collateral, such as emails, banner ads, direct mailers, call scripts, etc., that drives the audience to action – click, buy, etc.
- Execute SHRM’s member acquisition, retention and engagement strategy for this segment
- Operationalize SHRM’s audience-centricity model and partner with analytics to constantly monitor and optimize segment’s engagement and experience
- Analyze and translate data into clear insights and actionable recommendations
- Manage marketing automation campaigns and operations throughout the customer lifecycle
- Drive continued innovation in evolving marketing programs to most effectively engage audience segment
- Develops a deep understanding of target audiences
- Adoption and expertise in SHRM’s marketing technology, automation, personalization, and customization tools and tracking including Marketo, SalesForce, Interactive Studio, Community Cloud, Cobalt and more
- Understanding of tactical implementation against budget
- Analyze data to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving conversion, product adoption, retention, and cross-sell
- Bundling, product adoption and revenue growth across events, learning systems, certification, SHRM Store and other product categories
- Lead across execution and tactics initiatives
- Project management of integrated campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience is required
- At least 5 years of progressively complex experience in marketing
- Expertise in email copywriting, using messaging to convert
- Expertise in marketing reporting- pulling data, analysis, and optimization recommendations
- Experience with Marketo, SalesForce and marketing automation is required
- Deep understanding of content marketing tailored for audience segments – ability to apply consumer insights to improve campaigns (copywriting, targeting, delivery and performance)
- Customer lifecycle marketing including demand generation manager, product sales, and using content to convert
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Marketing automation
- High level of responsiveness and ability to adapt to change
- Experience with digital tools to generate, capture, nurture, track and report on leads, conversions, and ROI
- SEO/SEM, Digital marketing, paid media, email marketing, co-branded/white label marketing
- Strong attention to detail
- Lead with bold purpose while collaborating fiercely with a high-degree of accountability
- Appetite to innovate, fail-fast, and be smart & curious
- Preferred certification in Marketo, certification in SalesForce, Google Analytics Certification
- Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
- Candidates must have a proven commitment to SHRM's six Guiding Principles:
- Bold Purpose
- Excellence & Accountability
- Flexibility & Agility
- Smart & Curious
- Collaborative Openness
- Push Back to Move Forward
- Work is generally performed sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Work is regularly performed in an office and routinely uses standard office equipment. The role is based in the Alexandria, VA headquarters of SHRM. It may require the maintenance of home office and proximity to an airport for work related travel.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.