We have an amazing opportunity to join our Disney + team as a Senior Retention Manager. The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, its employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company’s Direct to Consumer video entertainment service. The service consists of long form and short form video built around six key content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star) with an appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms (e.g. televisions, mobile devices, PCs).
The Disney+ team is responsible for the country launches and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, with a specific focus on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships, content programming, research, and analytics.
The Senior Retention Manager will be a key member of the Disney+ EMEA Acquisition and Retention team based in London.
They will lead the EMEA Retention team (which, today, consists of a team of three); set the Retention strategy to drive and optimise customer retention and oversee its successful implementation (ensuring annual, quarterly, and monthly targets are met).
The Senior Retention Manager will also influence Disney+ global, regional, and local teams across a number of functions (e.g. Marketing Operations, Product Development, Analytics) to ensure global product development is tailored to EMEA’s requirements, regional best practices are implemented in each local market, with the flexibility to tailor execution in line with each Country’s nuances.
The successful candidate will also collaborate closely with the EMEA Acquisition, Customer Management, Finance, and Planning teams, playing a pivotal role in driving Customer Life Time Value.
With Disney+ quickly scaling across EMEA, this new hire will be crucial in shaping our strategy and delivering our growth targets.
The EMEA retention team’s mission is to ensure customers understand the value of Disney+, reducing churn risk and winning back customers who might have canceled their subscription.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the regional (EMEA) retention team, responsible for the delivery and optimisation of core retention KPIs at the regional level (Churn, Reactivation, Cancellation rate)
- Work in partnership with Data Analytics to understand how to mitigate churn drivers, and implement initiatives to improve retention
- Develop and own the delivery of the testing roadmap for all retention journeys, save tactics, cancellation flows improvements, win-back programs
- Partner with Product teams to scale and automate winning strategies
- Ensure launch-readiness for new Disney+ launch markets across EMEA
- Be the business expert in Involuntary Churn, working with Disney consumer payments team and local markets to reduce payment issues for customers and improving involuntary churn metrics.
- Successful track record in Retention management (managing KPIs such as churn, win-back, net growth, revenue) in SVOD or other fast paced digital subscription services
- Proven senior professional experience in retention
- Extensive experience in leading test-and-learn initiatives and working with Product teams to scale and automate winning strategies
- Line management experience
- Highly numerical, an ability to distill numbers into a narrative that is clear and concise
- Excellent influencing skills
- Excellent stakeholders management skills
- Thrives working in cross-functional, multi-territory teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Thrives in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
Nice to have:
Additional Information :
Limited travel might be required (when it is safe to do so).