If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the chance for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2000 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Senior Manager, Email Marketing is first and foremost a digital marketer who has a track record of driving outstanding performance through email and other 1:1 channels. As a senior member of the digital marketing and growth team, you play a key role in furthering our email strategy, driving the advancement of targeted and personalized customer experiences designed to drive engagement and business growth for the enterprise.
This role champions the email channel as a primary means of connecting 1:1 with our prospects and clients, with a laser focus on delivering email as a high frequency and high performance channel. In this role you will work closely with stakeholders and vendors to design world class email marketing strategies and capabilities and assist Marketing in driving customer engagement and its direct link to shareholder value. Our team leads all aspects of email marketing – including but not limited to planning, deployment, optimization and performance analysis – while ensuring goeasy brands are protected and delivered via a world-class customer experience.
- Lead the strategy and implementation of new and existing email capabilities including but not limited to; personalized video, Salesforce Marketing Cloud capabilities, contextual and behavioral driven email personalization, creative/message testing leveraging machine learning and emerging technology and capabilities.
- Continually identify new strategies and opportunities to use the email channel to drive lead generation and customer acquisition in innovative and impactful ways. To achieve this, you will need to leverage learned best practices and technology, bridging MarTech expertise and business acumen to deliver measurable results.
- Deliver email programs that look to continuously improve and systematize our approach to “lights-on” marketing, employing a test and learn approach that uses data to drive decision making and improve channel performance.
- You will be responsible for leading and growing the email marketing team, setting performance KPIs for team members, and developing and executing strategies aligned and that support the continued growth of our brand.
- Own Marketing Cloud technology and the relationships with Vendors and the internal data teams to automate and optimize, reducing the need for manual sends and reporting.
- Develop performance email programs to nurture and further marketing qualify leads in our pipeline and use the email channel to continuously convert leads to new customers.
- Increase customer loyalty and retention through lifecycle programs – including cross-sell and up-sell programs – that complement the deep relationships developed with customers by our branch and Call Centre.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders, including our brand and design teams, to align on our go-to-market strategy and build integrated campaigns that drive customer acquisition and foster customer loyalty.
- Oversee a strategic plan for email that leverages audience segmentation based on implicit and explicit characteristics, developing the optimal mix of messaging, creative and delivery cadence that creates the highest conversion customer journeys.
- Develop best practice and process documentation to ensure a record of the email program and a road map for future progress is socialized throughout Marketing and the organization.
- Contribute to campaigns by helping to draft email copy, weigh in on email UI/UX designs and implementing other best practices to optimize the channel.
- Manage campaigns relative to KPIs: Revenue, Spend, Budget, Opens, Clicks, Conversion, Engagement, etc.
- Align with website content and promotion cycles to drive unified branding and improved conversion rates.
- Evaluate various levers, such as email exclusive promos, pop ups, etc. that can drive improved performance.
- Analyze data to get smart insights; make recommendations for improvements to existing campaigns and identify possible new campaigns based on insights.
What you bring to the role:
- You understand everything there is to know about the core pillars of strategic email marketing - flows, campaigns, segmentation, deliverability, creative & A/B testing.
- You are an exceptional communicator and collaborator. You keep up with latest marketing trends and pay attention to those that drive real results – engagement and conversion.
- You are analytical. You test, measure, and iterate in order to drive results. You can analyze and manipulate large sets of data to create easy-to-understand reports.
- You have a fundamental understanding of strong UI/UX design and conversion-optimized copy and design. You can identify incredible creative and clearly communicate strategic improvements and optimizations.
- You are organized and can lead a variety of campaigns including Sales, Transactional Service and Lifecycle Management.
- And finally, you are a marketing automation platform expert. You understand the tools and the data needed to power automations.
- 5+ years of email marketing experience.
- Experience with Marketing Tech – working with tools such as or similar to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- 3-5 years of experience in a role where you’re turning quantitative and qualitative data into insights, which become the basis for testing various methods and tactics in collaboration with a fully integrated marketing team and across a diverse digital ecosystem.
- Knowledge of the day-to-day process of email strategy and execution.
- Respected and decisive personality with demonstrated ability to lead and support team members with obstacles and efficiently resolve conflicts.
- Exceptional technical writing skills with a proven ability to write clear and effective copy.
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail.
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, directly with people at all levels of the organization including IT, Marketing, Product, Operations and Customer Experience.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Jira, Confluence).
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.