We are the only national charity that supports Canadians with all cancers in communities across the country—no other organization does what we do. As the voice for Canadians who care about cancer, we fund groundbreaking research, provide trusted information about cancer, offer a support system to help people with cancer and their families cope, and shape health policies to prevent cancer and support those living with the disease.
With the help of hundreds of thousands of people that the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) brings together, we are a force-for-life in the face of cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working to improve the cancer experience by helping people live longer and enhancing their quality of life.
Reporting to the Director, Direct Response & Innovation, the Senior Manager, Email Marketing will have end-to-end oversight over the data-driven email marketing strategy including optimizing product, segment and offer mix to grow online revenue. This includes working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive email marketing acquisitions, conversion, retention, engagement and lift in the donor lifetime value to advance the Canadian Cancer Society’s mission.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the development of overall email marketing strategy including channel optimization, calendarization and delivery, while focusing on automated lifecycle, acquisition, transactional emails, as well as the renewal of annual and recurring campaigns such as Daffodil, Holiday, DryFeb, Tribute Giving, and Monthly Giving) to drive online conversion.
- Lead the development of the strategic email marketing plan with a focus on the priorities identified in the organization's three-year Strategic Framework with a long-term view to grow the online revenue from various segments by developing a best-in-class email conversion, testing and optimization roadmap to support the wider organizational revenue goals.
- Work closely with the Director of Direct Response and Innovation to lead the email segmentation analysis and develop the businesses processes and email marketing solution including data integration, data hygiene and data flow, to enhance capabilities, contact and conversion KPIs.
- Manage email budget and roadmap requirements while building strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to support business needs while staying on performance target
- Collaborate with analytics team to build sophisticated segments, selection criteria and enhance the understand customer behavior/customer lifecycle within the channel. Move new segments that haven’t supported CCS to become first-time donors, repeat customers, and brand advocates.
- Work with the content, creative and deployment teams to team to deploy supporter- centric e-mail communications and drive the future vision and email best practice. Ensure that current capabilities are fully leveraged in response to business opportunities.
- Achieve specific annual email marketing revenue and monitor & measure progress on business initiatives and outcomes. Analyze and gather data about campaigns to report to cross-functional partners and make data-driven decisions while managing competing priorities.
- Research and benchmark against market in order to continue to develop the strategy and stay on top of new trends in email content and strategy, analyze research and customer data against outputs, ensure recommendations and improvements are made
- Support the Director of Direct Response & Innovation in development of quarterly and annual strategies, plans, data integration, performance planning and roadmap refinements. Establish tools, channel and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and build a relationship with business and technical partners to design the approach that enables the business solution, also develop requirements and recommendations for improvement.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Cross-functional Management Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing leadership, support and direction in the development, alignment, and accomplishment of objectives through on-going weekly meetings.
- Lead strategic internal and external partnerships to grow annual and monthly giving portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Digital e-Commerce
- 5-7 years of experience in a B2B/B2C email marketing/CRM role, preferably in an eCommerce environment focusing on Email and CRM campaigns (Gift Catalogue)
- Certifications in Marketo/Salesforce/Marketing Cloud are an asset
- Knowledge in HTML/CSS coding for email development
- Very strong quantitative background, with excellent data analysis and Excel skills. Hands-on experience using analytics tools such as Adobe and Google Analytics and experience tackling large-scale, complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; you have a knack for creating compelling PowerPoint presentations and the ability to convey complex ideas in a way that broad audiences can understand
- Innate Digital marketing sense, as demonstrated through work improving UX, developing amazing email marketing, etc.
- Inclusive cross-functional team player: experience collaborating with cross-functional teams including product/project management and analytics; experience managing relationships and gaining alignment
- Customer-obsession, entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, bias towards action and a well-rounded skill set
- Strategic thinker yet intellectually curious
- Experience developing multi-channel marketing programs and strategies using segmentation, trends, and best-practices and predictive modelling data.
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with donors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders with a keen sense of diplomacy.
- Experience marketing direct to consumer or business-to-business in either for profit or not-for-profit.
- Exceptional organizational, project management, leadership, and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive and adaptive attitude, troubleshoot and problem solve independently using sound judgement.
- Bilingualism in English/French is an asset
What You Can Expect From Us
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of Canadians with cancer and their families. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 9, 2021.
For internal candidates, this position is assigned to salary band 7.
CCS is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of CCS to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about CCS premises or while carrying out CCS business.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. Effective November 8, 2021 (October 15 in Quebec and October 16 in BC) CCS has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. All employees will need to attest to their vaccination status through a secure online form or automated application. Reasonable accommodation and remote working will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.