Kabbage, an American Express Company, is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Senior Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing to help us in our mission to help small businesses be mighty.
Acquired by American Express in 2020, Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses manage their cash flow. Applying automation and real-time data, Kabbage provides small businesses a suite of integrated cash-flow technologies from flexible lines of credit, digital business checking accounts, fast payments and predictive business analytics. Now with the powerful backing of American Express, Kabbage can offer millions of small businesses the opportunity to access digital tools to help them grow bigger, lasting companies. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoor’s Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Deepen customer engagement throughout the entire lifecycle for all Kabbage products, from initial onboarding through retention. Create and optimize campaigns and automated email journeys that promote sign-up, activation, and usage.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with Analytics and Product teams to better understand product usage, define lifecycle stages, and create segmentations for each product. Use data and insights to create differentiated, relevant treatments across the lifecycle stages.
- Manage campaigns end-to-end, including strategy, copy/creative development, legal/compliance approvals, execution, and results
- Create, manage, and execute against a lifecycle marketing roadmap
- Test & learn quickly to understand the effectiveness of messages, timing, and frequency
- Work with Product Marketing to incorporate new features and incentives into hooks that strengthen customer engagement
- Manage one direct report focused on new customer onboarding & activation
- Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to build and deploy email journeys or campaigns
What we're looking for in you:
- Proactivity: you take ownership, operate independently, solve problems creatively, work to remove roadblocks, and are persistent
- Curiosity: you ask questions, love learning, dig into the details, and challenge the status quo
- Strategic thinking: you provide thought leadership and can synthesize complex information and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way
- Flexibility/Adaptability: you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions; you cope effectively with complexity and change
- High standards: you strive for flawless execution, and you have an eye for detail
- Logical thinking: you can think in systems and data
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Currently, the Company requires that colleagues be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in or visit any of our US and Canada offices, subject to legally required accommodations. If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to visit our offices.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing or Product working on customer-facing collateral
- Strong understanding of customer data and segmentation
- Excellent project management, organization, and collaboration skills
- Bonus: experience building emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other ESP
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including generous PTO and exceptional health coverage options, including 6-months parental leave. Our colleagues enjoy a dynamic work environment professional development courses and wellness programs.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are proactive, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find humble individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.