SENIOR E-MAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST | JOB DESCRIPTION
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
At Magnolia, the E-mail Marketing Specialist is responsible for driving end to end e-mail and text marketing campaigns from strategy development through QA and deployment. This role involves management of the e-mail and marketing calendar, leading strategy for audience segmentation, setting up and testing campaigns prior to deployment, and analyzing results of each send to share those results with the larger organization. Teamwork, time management, clear timely communication, and a high attention to detail are critical aspects of this position’s responsibilities. This position works at our headquarters in Waco, Texas.
This position reports to the Marketing Brand Director.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Full-time salaried position = 40+ hours per week
- Available to work flexible/longer hours, including weekends, special events, and holidays
- Availability and ability to commute to Waco as needed (if working remotely)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold Magnolia’s mission, vision, and values
- Coordinate email/text deployment and email accuracy checks utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Maintain communication of upcoming photoshoots, stories, campaigns, blogs, and deadlines to ensure Support email/text content creation and optimization, including A/B testing
- Recommend and execute basic email journey building in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Coordinate audience segmentation plans and journeys to optimize user experience and engagement
- Support email/text communication strategy throughout the guest journey to deliver an incredible guest experience
- Review reporting and analytics for all channels, and continually optimize channels based on target KPIs
- Collaborate with the Marketing team and company on email communication initiatives
- Lead coordination efforts with Guest Services to ensure the best possible guest experience with all email communications
- Monitor competitive email campaigns to identify areas of opportunity
- Lead coordination efforts with Ecommerce Team to optimize revenue, transactions, and conversion on site from email marketing campaigns
- Learn and grow in marketing expertise to become a leader in the functional area and beyond
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly attentive to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding/quick turn environment, adhering to strict deadlines
- A self-starter personality that can thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing company
- Solid work ethic, with the ability to pick up new tasks quickly
- Creative thinker
- Ability to express ideas clearly and confidently
- Positive attitude and flexible personality
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Ability to translate analytical information for cross-functional audiences in an easy to comprehend way
- Knowledge and beginner level experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud email and text campaigns
- HTML experience a plus
- Familiar in Google Analytics for reporting and analysis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of email marketing experience
- 1-2 years of Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience required
- Proficient in the use of CRM software
- Proficient in tagging and tracking best practices utilizing Google Tag Manager and UTM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.