Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Senior Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and deployment of email and mobile campaigns to ensure the business is positioned to drive long-term customer engagement and retention. The position also will require working with Product/IT owners to support the brand in leveraging system capabilities to bring eCommerce and Loyalty features to market. Role is also responsible for managing all external partnerships and vendors for the Digital Channel. This includes providing direction on business priority to third-parties as well as providing support to scope out new strategic solutions to solve business needs.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Oversee the production and execution of customer-facing email and mobile marketing campaigns in support of our ADUSA brands, including Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Hannaford, The Giant Company, and Giant Food
- Oversee a team of specialists in the production and execution of digital communication channels (email/SMS/push) who provide banner marketing teams with digital expertise to help drive long term customer engagement and loyalty for our customers.
- Partner and support enterprise digital marketing agency inclusive of: day-to-day operations, contract renewals, program support, and strategic campaign support.
- Partner and support IT department and Solutions teams with all issue escalation and resolution management relating to email, SMS, or push as well as large scale integrations across the email or mobile channel.
- Oversee marketing technology platforms (Litmus, Localytics, Liveclicker etc.) and serve as the SME for ADUSA to optimize eCommerce and Loyalty email programs through providing strategic direction for existing and new capabilities.
- Responsible for the management of and relationship with our Email Service Provider (Salesforce/ExactTarget). Serve as the strategic business partner and primary POC for the business to ensure we leverage system capabilities as well as to setup and manage optimal integrations between the ESP and all external data sources and/or platforms.
- Set measurable objectives; ensure tracking/reporting capabilities, manage evaluating and reporting campaign results.
- Manage programs in adherence with internal consumer data security policies.
- Stay current with industry trends best in class customer experiences to drive lifetime customer loyalty and long-term sales growth
The Essentials In Your Cart - The Required Ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience of experience managing an enterprise-level marketing automation platform i.e. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Responsys/Eloqua, IBM Silverpop etc.
- 5+ years of technical experience in HTML/CSS
- 5+ years experience working with open source dynamic email scripting language i.e. Salesforce AMPScript, Oracle RPL, etc.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Knowledge of working in an agile environment specifically partnering with Product and IT to deliver custom messaging capabilities or integrations through web and mobile or third-parties i.e. Salesforce DMP
- Capable of developing segmentation strategies and mapping out customer journeys to deliver the right message throughout the customer lifecycle
- Experience working in a digital marketing agency in customer facing capacity (preferred)
- Retail industry experience (preferred)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certified (preferred)
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.