Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it's good, we look for better. We don't over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you'll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Nav is an innovative financial tech startup with a fun, dynamic team and we are experiencing rapid growth. We are looking for an email marketing manager to develop, manage, and optimize lifecycle, transactional and promotional email campaigns, as well as push notifications and SMS. The position will report directly to the Sr. Marketing Manager and will work closely with the Marketing, Design, Content, Product, Engineering and BI teams.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Develop and execute email, push and SMS marketing strategies in promotional, transactional and targeted trigger campaigns across the customer lifecycle.
- Create and manage A/B testing across all campaigns to enhance productivity, deliverability, and customer engagement.
- Manage and regularly update the customer communication marketing calendar, including email, push notifications and SMS marketing content.
- Work closely with Design and Content to develop artwork and copy to fulfil channel objectives and deliver on brand look, tone and feel.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to continuously improve back-end automation and system integrations.
- Work closely with BI to develop new strategies for targeting customers at an individual level based on customer data and develop processes for data integration and automation.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in email marketing.
- Contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas towards the growth of the company.
- Regularly maintain reports on direct marketing performance and testing results to develop new optimization strategies and improve overall performance. This includes campaign engagement, conversion, acquisition and retention metrics.
- Work closely with other members of the Customer team to maintain a holistic, and positively delightful customer experience.
- Maintain and manage 3rd party data integrations so all customer-facing channels can operate seamlessly and timely.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years experience in email marketing.
- Proficient in all aspects of Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Journey Builder, AmpScript, Automation Studio, Content Builder, Data Extensions, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM a plus.
- A passion for direct marketing, and a desire to continuously grow and advance the company's efforts in the space. A desire to stay on top of industry news and technological advancements.
- A passion for planning and organization to stay on schedule and ahead of the curve.
- Fanatical attention to detail and knowledge of how to QA responsive email templates across multiple mail clients with Litmus or similar technology.
- Experience owning email programs at all levels from strategic planning through coding templates and hands-on deployment. As well as, owning the ability to troubleshoot issues in content, development, coding and tracking challenges.
- Past experience with ESPs and the ability to quickly learn an ESP even if you haven't used it before.
- Experience using Tableau.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the "special" considerations needed for coding against a wide range of email clients.
- Ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines with grace.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Confident writer
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy Is Simple But Powerful.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn't be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they've got — not because they're simply making money, but because they've fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women's, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK'S DNA:
- We look at the future and say "why not"; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and "finger pointing" behaviors.
- As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.