At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About This Role
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Email Marketing Consultant in Marketing as part of the Email Marketing Execution team in Consumer and Small Business Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In This Role, You Will
- Build and deploy email campaigns including personalization and dynamic content across different Marketing Cloud Studios and Builders including Email Studio, Content Builder, Journey Builder and Automation Studio
- Work with stakeholders to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach.
- Build and maintain marketing campaigns using automations and journeys and work closely across the marketing team to provide input on best practices for client journeys.
- Be responsible for QA testing and rendering across all major email clients, devices, and browsers.
- Set up email creative for internal team approvals, schedule deployment and complete post-deployment checks
- Identify and resolve potential issues proactively
- Partner and collaborate with peers to ensure knowledge sharing and process efficiencies
- Lead or participate in development of planning and executing increasingly complex highly visible programs within marketing
- Contribute to marketing, creative or product management for major product lines and provide expert level consultation in one or more areas critical to E-business success such as marketing programs, new products or product enhancements
- Review and analyze moderately complex information across projects or programs to present findings and recommend solutions to management while developing work plans, campaign requirements, establishing milestones and reports comparing results to projections
- Analyze product collateral design, development, distribution, regional marketing and sales support including local advertising or brand awareness, sponsorships, promotions, sales campaigns, tracking, research, and reporting on trends and program effectiveness
- Lead team to meet marketing deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of legal, compliance, privacy regulations and policies related to marketing
- Collaborate and consult with product areas, technology, customer care, other organizational units, alliance partners, vendors, and line managers to recommend solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Mentor other marketing professionals
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Marketing, E-business, Marketing, Digital Platforms (i.e. Mobile or Social Media) experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) experience with Marketing Cloud Studios & Builders, most importantly Email Studio, Content Builder, Journey Builder and Automation Studio
- Clear communication skills to make complex technical matters simple when communicating with non-technical stakeholders and client executives including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks, and business impacts
- Solid knowledge of email accessibility best practices and CAN-SPAM compliancy considerations
- Knowledge of the programming languages in SFMC: AMPScript, HTML and CSS
- Experience with marketing of financial services
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certifications
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Charlotte, NC
- Phoenix, AZ
- Des Moines, IA
- West Des Moines, IA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Saint Louis, MO
- San Antonio, TX
- Winston Salem, NC
Required locations listed above. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
73,100.00 - 129,900.00 USD Annual
Salary range is determined by location of the job
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.