Department: Information Technology & Systems
Role Type: Home
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full Time
Flexible Time Off: 20 Days
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Experian Consumer Services provides credit education and identity protection solutions to consumers and helps businesses manage the impact of a data breach. This group is divided into two divisions; the Direct-to-Consumer team provides these solutions directly to consumers while the Partner Solutions team empowers companies to provide these solutions to their consumers.
Whether it is directly through our websites or via one of our partners, over consumers now have access to valuable credit education and identity protection solutions that help them protect their personal information. We are also the leader in Global Data Breach services, helping businesses for over 15 years.
Experian’s Design team is growing. We’re looking for a talented Senior/Lead level Email Designer. As a Senior/Lead Email Designer, you will be a vital member of the CRM team responsible for delivering exceptional customer experiences by crafting integrated communications across email (primary focus), digital, and mobile properties, all while maintaining a fluid customer experience. The candidate must be passionate about developing the best outbound communications and share the same driving principles of the department in advocating for the customer. A strong command of data-driven email design and expert knowledge in HTML/CSS is required.
The ideal candidate must be data-curious and adaptable; they are able to work collaboratively in strategizing around communication approaches, dive into the data to help inform creative direction, familiarize themselves with the most current creative campaigns in market, and tailor their style to fit the brand. An understanding of how to create highly effective communications targeted for different segmented audiences and how they’re adapted/executed across multiple channels is required. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and problem solver who can utilize creative templates, but also continue to evolve our offering and approach based on current trends and industry best practices.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design responsive mobile, tablet, desktop, and web client emails.
- Oversee all email design from new campaign creative development to in-flight creative optimization based on performance metrics.
- Creation of visual design assets for emails.
- Work closely with CRM strategy managers, and content strategist to understand audience, segmentation, and campaign structure to tailor creative to specific audiences and campaign goals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong time/project management skills and familiar with project management tools i.e. Jira
- Work closely with development teams to QA all emails
- Hands-on experience with CRM marketing and product at scale – across multiple product domains or across a broad functional scope with millions of customers or subscribers.
- Familiar with CRM tools, i.e. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and push messaging tools through mobile
- Strong understanding of email deliverability best practices and global data privacy/governance policies.
- Analytical thinking with a familiarity in CRM or lifecycle goal setting, KPI development, and overall program measurement.
- Developing and building customer nurturing communications for segmented CRM campaigns across different communication channels, including an understanding of A/B and multivariate testing and optimization
- Strong portfolio of demonstrated work required
- 6+ years of direct-to-consumer marketing design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Proficiency in email design and expert knowledge in HTML/CSS for understanding best practices.
- Hands-on experience in creating templates and design systems for scalable email campaigns.
- Understanding of user research techniques and their value in the design process
- A motivated, independent, self-starting attitude with strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles to deliver.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask and focus while working under demanding timelines.
- Excellent written communication skills
- A deep passion for data-driven, iterative testing campaigns and an advocate for superior customer experiences.
- BFA/BA in Visual communications, Web, Graphic Design or related field
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
- This position will start out remote and can be 100% remote long term.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.