Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands -- Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you'll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy’s CRM team is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, data integration, production, deployment, and analysis of marketing campaigns. These campaigns help more than 40 million buyers worldwide find and purchase the perfect item on Etsy and provide over 6 million sellers with the support they need to continue to grow their business on Etsy.
We’re looking for a Retention Marketing Manager to join our CRM team to reach our sellers and help deliver the tools and education to help them manage their small businesses. As a Retention Marketing Manager, you will build personalized seller experiences through the email and push channel, including the opportunity to use predictive intelligence and robust automation tooling.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Retention Marketing Manager. We are considering remote applicants based in the US for this position.
About The Role
The Retention Marketing Manager will be a pivotal member of the CRM team, ensuring we deliver the right messages to sellers at the right time.
In This Role You Will
- Work with our tenured Seller Retention Marketing Manager to contribute to a long-term seller CRM roadmap and deliver prioritized projects, experiments, and campaigns in alignment with our CRM vision and framework and Etsy’s long-term company strategy.
- Co-create channel strategies and develop our marketing calendar with Database Marketing, Martech, and Seller Marketing partners. Tasks include: defining target audiences, contact frequency, customer experience, and automation requirements.
- Bring CRM knowledge to every discussion and are able to rely on your expertise and insights to help make decisions on how to reach (or exceed!) goals using email and push channels.
- Partner closely with the Product Marketing Team on new initiatives focused on improving seller product adoption and growth.
- Lead email production process for key initiatives from start to finish. Tasks include: brief writing, drafting CRM technical enablement requirements documentation, audience segmentation and building, email building and launching, and post-launch analysis.
- Analyze engagement metrics and distill reporting into channel trends and insights. Share findings on a daily and weekly cadence with partners and continuously improve campaigns based on past performance and evolving email standard methodologies.
- 5+ years of proven and successful track record in a CRM role at fast-paced businesses, preferably global ecommerces or marketplaces
- You have built sophisticated multi-channel strategies, experimentation roadmaps, and have strong technical experience in Marketing Automation Platforms and third-party email providers. Braze experience preferred.
- You’re meticulous and organized. You are agile, efficient, and quick to adapt to the evolving business needs and objectives but also acutely aware of long-term goals.
- You operate with integrity, confidence, and compassion. You are passionate about collaborating with members across the organization. You lead with optimism, empathy, and embrace differences.
- You make decisions grounded in data and customer experience. You have experience analyzing campaigns post-launch and maintaining reporting. SQL knowledge and experience with audience building is preferred.
- You have a deep understanding of how personalized marketing campaigns and automation drive a phenomenal user experience and influence behavior. Have shown success in crafting campaigns that drive a significant change in how users adopt or use products.
- Expert HTML and CSS skills.
- You are familiar with CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR requirements and inbox deliverability standards.
- Familiar with Etsy and are excited to support sellers in building confidence and growing their businesses.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. Roles Only
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.