The Email Global Center of Excellence (COE) sets email strategy and has teams of developers delivering enterprise-wide software tools enabling country-level email marketing execution. The Email Global COE is seeking a talented and experienced Product Manager to work on a new global initiative delivering a unique and highly customized email experience fed from multiple data points from across the email ecosystem.
The Email COE is seeking experienced Product Managers to intake and own the success of one or more internal-facing Products within Corporate Marketing, ensuring our strategy, roadmap and deliveries meet the needs of our stakeholders and company. Key areas of investment include customized one-to-one email programs promoting Salesforce events and local community groups.
As one of our Product Managers, you will be the figurehead and customer champion for a number of previously back-office offerings, responsible for staying market current, iterating on roadmap, ensuring deliverables meet user stories and expanding needs, and for the continued success and enablement of our end-user teams and executives.
Successful Product Manager candidates are enthusiastic problem solvers who thrive on being engaged in all levels of their teams. They are strong communicators and networkers, known for developing lasting and credible alliances. They must think quickly under pressure, motivate their teams, and own the timely and accurate delivery of issue investigations, and metrics. The ability to read between the lines, anticipate issues, and communicate consistently and accurately across various channels are key requirements.
Within Email COE, you’ll work closely with our Solutions team, who will intake, design, and bring live bodies of work you prioritize. You’ll also work closely with our Platform and Managed Accounts teams, intaking user stories and roadmap requests, and aligning these within and against feedback from other stakeholder teams. You'll have conceptual ownership of your internal Product area, and will be expected to ensure its continued success, relevance, and evolution, including working closely with senior and executive stakeholders to ensure alignment. Finally, as with all Email COE staff, you’ll raise our team’s game by making and executing ongoing recommendations to implement new tools and approaches.
Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Role Hybridization - Fulfill Product Owner responsibilities within your named Scrum team(s), alongside Product Management duties.
- Market Relevance - Monitor and analyze market trends in the industry and in general. Study competitors’ services and products. Collate and champion best practices and learnings in your space. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Ideate & Innovate - Explore new ways of improving existing services and products. Gather and promote the most relevant ideas into features. Identify and present innovative product solutions.
- Knowledge - Develops a broad technical understanding of our integrated ecosystems, and a deep technical understanding of their owned business area, history, B2B2C2Me variations, and related regulations & risk categories.
- Strategy & Roadmap - Set & revisit product visions and strategies. Plan and prioritize what (and when) our product teams will deliver, based on the business value each change will bring to our customers. Experienced in product lifecycle management.
- User Stories & Features - Uncover and understand customer needs (the “what”) and translate them into strong and comprehensive user stories and requirements.
- Business Value - Uncover and understand the customers goals and frustrations (the “why”) to ensure we are solving meaningful problems, not just shipping features.
- Collaboration - Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Methodology - Comfortable within project management software, and able to deliver within SCRUM / AGILE, and against Waterfall approaches. Coordinates product releases with marketing, sales, and development teams.
- Tracing & Transparency - Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance. Define, measure, and broadcast product metrics, KPIs within dashboards, office hours, comms channels, and QBRs.
- Aligns & Evangelizes - Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert. Anticipate and answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Enablement - Provides product training and technical expertise. Facilitates the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation. Creates content for certification, self-service deflection, and presentation. Presents work to stakeholders, and participates in new business presentation opportunities with external prospects and customers.
- Flexible - Travels as required. Performs other related duties as required
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably managing Products in Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget.
- Phenomenal leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices.
- Aptitude to quickly understand data flows, systems and technical concepts in order to explain to business partners.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products, concurrently and at scale.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency, within a distributed remote and global organization.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with proven ability to think critically and make strategic decisions based on data analytics.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles and within shifting priorities; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Ability to lead productive calls, identify decisions made, and clearly state action items.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills that are tailored to reach all audience types.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Google Docs, LucidChart / Smartsheets, Jira / GitHub, virtual meeting & collaboration software.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience working within or with Enterprise scale organizations in a consultancy / professional services capacity is a plus.
- Technology - Familiarity with our tech stack is helpful: Salesforce Sales & Marketing Clouds, common 3rd-party Event / Webinar providers, network / API, modern website authoring and analytics
- Education - We prefer a Bachelor's degree in business or computer science, or equivalent business experience.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.