Posting Open Date: 09/22/2021
Posting Close Date: 10/06/2021 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception. WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global. Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
Overview of role:
The Channel Strategy team oversees email, website and other owned channel content marketing for WestJet. Why is this important? This role is the electronic messaging voice of WestJet. It represents our brand in millions of direct interactions with guests. These interactions can be everything from enticing promotional offers that start guests dreaming about their next tropical getaway, to providing them critical information about their upcoming travels or Rewards membership. This is a specialized role requiring a combination of marketing and technical skills, and a very strong background in creating digital marketing experiences. This role requires analytical skills to evaluate how campaigns are performing, and to be able to develop testing strategies to continuously optimize performance, across the owned channels. The Channel Strategist role includes the opportunity to join a strong team of passionate WestJetters within the Marketing team.
Reporting to the Marketing Channel Strategy team leader, you will be accountable to support and deliver compelling content via email and other owned channels within the Marketing portfolio, across the stages of WestJet’s guest journey. Your primary responsibility will be the creation and delivery of marketing campaigns across messaging channels. You understand email marketing best practices and have experience in applying them. You have utilized digital platforms that support automation, email marketing, cross-channel orchestration, and dynamic, personalized experiences with marketing automation technology.
Key deliverables include:
- Creation and execution of email and multi-channel campaigns via Marketing Automation technology including scheduling, briefing of creative, setup of campaign in tool, QA/testing, execution and reporting,
- Analysis of current email communications (marketing and transactional) and provides recommendations for improvement,
- Engage with support teams and agencies to develop any new templates or concepts required,
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, workflow configuration and other aspects of digital communication executions, as required.
- Reviews deliverability performance for communication systems and works with appropriate teams or partners to optimize,
- Stays up to date on and recommends marketing channel best practices for strategy, design and testing of digital campaigns including the channels of email, online display, social and push notifications,
- Support areas across WestJet in the development and execution of ad hoc emails. Includes support of Guest Relations, Guest Experience, Rewards, etc.,
- Earns the confidence of key stakeholders through demonstrated success and strong relationships, becoming a trusted business partner,
- Learn – continuously. And help team members and stakeholders learn too!
Experience and qualifications:
- Education: Education in Marketing or Communications considered an asset
- Experience: 2-4 years of marketing in a role focused on email or digital channel marketing
- Technical skills: Experience with an Email Service Provider, Marketing Automation system (preferably Adobe Campaign, Oracle Responsys or Salesforce Exact Target), and digital analytics platform (preferably Adobe Analytics). Ability to write technical requirements and liaise with IT and support teams during development and UAT.
- Marketing skills: Experience in Digital Marketing including channels of email, website, display, push messaging and in-app messaging. Strong understanding of database concepts and segmentation. Ability to identify audience segments and opportunities within. Knowledge of email deliverability best practices and how to apply them
- Business Acumen: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capability of establishing respect and credibility through actions. The ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well under pressure. Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team. Proactive, energetic personality with an inquiring mind that can also work under tight deadlines.
- Fun: at WestJet we pride ourselves on our fun and friendly customer focus. We take our jobs seriously, but not ourselves.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company, the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.