As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions –as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (RBFS) is a rapidly growing, highly innovative provider of equipment financing and leasing. As part of Ritchie Bros. – a global leader in asset management and disposition, selling billions of dollars of heavy equipment annually – RBFS helps thousands of customers every year finance trucks and equipment purchased at auctions, dealers, and private sales. Join an industry-disrupting company that offers tons of growth opportunity and an unbeatable culture built on results, recognition, and rewards.
We are currently looking for a Marketing Automation Specialist to join our team at Ritchie Bros. Financial Services based in our Burnaby global headquarters.
The Marketing Automation Specialist is primarily responsible for the planning, building, and execution of customer email journeys for Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. This position will utilize Salesforce, Pardot, and other platforms to tests and analyze workflows, lead generation, lead nurturing and lead scoring; and identifies tactics for improvement to create stronger customer relationships and additional revenue. Specific efforts include the development of email marketing strategies, programming of email marketing campaigns through Pardot’s Engagement Studio and other tools, building and executing emails, continuous testing and optimization, list segmentation, proofing and data analytics.
Additional responsibilities include collaborating and working cross-functionally with other teams within Ritchie Bros. Financial Services, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, IronPlanet, and external vendor partners to ensure alignment across all stakeholders for email programs; web analytics; SEO, SEM, and social campaign management; and other digital marketing support as needed.
In this role you’ll:
- Manage email campaigns, working with Ritchie Bros. to create content and creatives. Execute on the construction, review process, proofing and post campaign data analysis. High-touch collaboration with RBFS marketing and sales management, RB creative, and RB digital marketing teams to ensure email marketing campaigns are effectively supporting the business.
- Responsible for developing the acquisition and loyalty customer engagement strategies using automation programs in Pardot. Activities include list management and segmentation, journey building, and dynamic and personalized content.
- Work with sales and marketing to align email programs with customer buyer journeys and with auction event calendar, tailoring content and deliveries to individual needs.
- Drive optimization in email marketing through frequent and ongoing testing and analysis. Communicate results and insights from tests to stakeholders.
- Remain current on industry trends, standards, and practices to better identify needs and analyze and report trends of outside factors influencing our business to make recommendations to improve.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
This role will require you to:
- Be self-motivated and able to take initiative and work independently
- Be a team player with a problem-solving mindset, works collaboratively to ensure customer needs are met
- Multi-task across a variation of projects and emails at the same time
- Work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Identify and recommend new email marketing opportunities that align with corporate goals
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
Here's what you bring:
- A diploma or Bachelors in Business
- Previous experience in email marketing, marketing automation and other analytical online marketing
- Strong HTML and CSS experience
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Suite, G-Suite, Adobe Suite a plus
- Incredible attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful with the ability to think outside of the box to solve problems
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Salesforce and Pardot experience preferred)
- Preferred knowledge of Account-Based Marketing
- Preferred experience with web analytics (Google Analytics experience preferred)
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + bonus structure
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
- Strong team culture, with dynamic and engaging colleagues