As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, leadership, and STEM. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University. eCornell has offered online learning courses and certificate programs for 15 years.
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Want to join a high-performance marketing team at one of today’s fastest-growing online education providers? If you are innovative, creative, thrive in fast-paced environments, and want to help shape the future, then take a look at this opportunity.
The Marketing Automation Specialist will play a key role in supporting our email marketing function. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to marketing operations in a dynamic and rapidly expanding organization. This role will focus on the day-to-day execution of eCornell’s email communications and automation programs to drive enrollment growth. This includes developing and managing a high volume of critical communications for dozens of individual enrollment,enterprise and executive education programs,and degree programs.
The ideal candidate will have strong expertise in sales and marketing software including Pardot and Salesforce, including hands-on working knowledge of how to implement and optimize email campaigns,audience segmentation,automation rules, and the customer journey.
What You Will Do
- Concept, draft, target, build, and deliver a high volume of outbound mass email communications through marketing automation software.
- Execute automation workflows and email campaign setup in Pardot.
- Write and interpret complex email automation and segmentation rules, dynamic lists, email drafts/templates,forms/form handlers.
- Create and implement effective email marketing strategies,including content creation,segmentation targeting,and email template optimization.
- Design premium email communications for a prestigious brand; write compelling copy for email marketing.
- Maintain email best practices and stay current on key trends in email marketing.
- Develop and deliver effective automated marketing programs and campaigns.
- Manage the communications testing and QA processes.
- Work collaboratively with departments across the organization to accomplish objectives and maximize impact of strategic initiatives.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of professional experience using sales and marketing automation and CRM software to drive business results, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience using Pardot and Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Sound understanding of email marketing strategy and digital marketing operations.
- Exceptional marketing copy writing skills and editing ability.
- Working knowledge of email design and automation best practices.
- A strong grasp of the intricacies of marketing automation logic, rules, actions, and suppression lists.
- Ability to understand systems integrations between marketing automation (Pardot), CRM (Salesforce), web forms, and other systems.
- Ability to make and document reasonable assumptions when conditions are uncertain or unclear.
- Agility and excellent time management skills to plan, coordinate, prioritize multiple initiatives amidst rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to execute on a high volume of communications deliverables with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Positive and responsive approach; ability to collaborate and work effectively with designers and developers, to maximize deliverables.
- Tech savvy and a drive to learn and master new technologies and tools.
Bonus If You Have
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CSS coding for email .
- Graphic design skills /experience with Adobe Photoshop,I nDesign,etc.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people in a high-growth organization where employee development is promoted.
- A broad set of competitive benefits under the Endowed program, including educational opportunities, access to virtual wellness programs, health care options, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and superior retirement contributions. https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay
This position is remote, which means you can be located anywhere within the U.S.
The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside New York State.
No VISA sponsorship or relocation assistance is available for this position.**