The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for execution and optimization of our marketing automation technology across the full customer lifecycle including acquisition, onboarding, activation, growth, retention, and reactivation. In this role, you will collaborate with APA Publishing’s four Strategic Marketing Teams to drive to desired outcomes. This individual will work cross-functionally with multiple departments including Sales, Technology, UX and Product. Oversees the development of user requirements and manages priorities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of active marketing automation experience with tools such as Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, Pardot, etc., including experience with journey building, lead scoring and developing processes that align with the needs of the Sales department.
- 5+ years working in digital marketing, familiarity with customer lifecycle marketing
- Familiar with working in an Agile development environment
- Familiar with form applications such as FormAssembly, SurveyGizmo and integration tools such as Zapier.
- Experience with CRM’s, Salesforce preferred
- Strong project management/organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously for different teams targeting different audiences.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas from a variety of different perspectives to our many stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines without sacrificing detail or quality.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis.
Computer Skills Required:
Advanced experience with marketing automation tools and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Own marketing automation implementation process from start-to-end (which includes collaboration with strategic marketing teams and the rest of the Marketing Operations team): audience/segmentation, campaign definition, campaign design, lead hand-off to sales process, and post-campaign reporting.
- Project manage, create and execute digital and email marketing campaigns
- Develop and continually improve our marketing automation and Marketing Cloud capabilities, own the best practices, execution and management of the APA’s outbound demand generation programs.
- Work closely with Salesforce.com development team and Sales Operations to implement seamless lead-to-win process that provides visibility into marketing impact on sales pipeline.
- Use Journey Builder to create customer journeys across email, mobile, ads and the web.
- Manage and build out forms and related integrations
- Maintain and optimize a lead scoring program/model based off buying cycles, personas, and sales feedback.
- Carry out A/B testing and ongoing optimization on automated marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Analytics Manager to report on the performance of campaigns and make recommendations for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the technology and marketing departments to ensure automated campaigns achieve the desired outcomes.
- Analyze marketing data and make strategic recommendations to key stakeholders for campaign optimization.
- Measure and tune marketing programs to ensure alignment with APA goals.
- Collaborate effectively across functional areas and departments.
- Be at the cutting edge, learning about new marketing automation technologies and add-on applications to help our marketing team continually increase its effectiveness
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a resume and cover letter specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.
APA has a mandatory vaccination policy. All employees must be either fully vaccinated or receive approval from APA for an exemption (disability/medical or sincerely held religious belief) before beginning work at APA. By submitting your application, you agree that as a condition of employment, you must comply with APA’s mandatory vaccination policy and other health and safety requirements.