Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact:
As the Marketing Automation Lead, you’ll be playing a crucial role in driving Xero’s digital performance, by orchestrating #beautiful experiences to users that truly delight and inspire action.
You’ll be part of a team responsible for accelerating growth @ Xero, by delivering personalised, fully orchestrated journeys at scale - ensuring every conversation we have adds value to our relationship.
Balancing strategy with tactical execution, you’ll have your eye on the long-term prize, while constantly learning from live marketing automation performance. You’ll be data-savvy, commercially astute and apt at working with both business and technical stakeholders to drive outcomes that deliver high quality customer conversion and overall market share growth.
What you'll do
- Putting our customers at the core of everything you do, and working with specialists in this space, you’ll use a human-centred design approach to understand who our users are, what they need and design marketing automation journeys that ensures every conversation we have adds value to our relationship.
- Drive innovation within the customer journey, ensuring that magic is happening at every touchpoint & interaction.
- Provide requirements for appropriate customer research, ensuring that we understand our users, what their needs are, creating real opportunities for solving real problems.
- You’ll both build out new journeys and optimise existing ones, requiring you to identify the touchpoints customers need, and the data points, triggers and template setups needed to execute.
- Using our world-class tech stack Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Sales Cloud – determine the best approach to orchestrating journeys within our outbound channels.
- Delivering consistent and targeted messages to different audiences at the right time across all our regions.
- Partner with Data, Marketing Data and Analytics, Enterprise Technology and other teams to deliver the data-marketing strategy for trigger-based automation within the platform.
- Create marketing automated journeys based on qualitative and quantitative data via a data-driven test and learn programme.
- Build hypotheses to champion a data-driven, test and learn approach to optimising user experiences throughout the lifecycle.
- Analyse marketing automation experiment performance and journeys, report on results and share learnings with the wider business, helping to drive business enablement.
- Own the performance of our outbound channel on global core base journeys, monitor and iterate based on data analysis opportunities.
What you'll bring
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in email marketing and/or marketing automation platform and digital experimentation
- Must have experience and expertise in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Sales Cloud, SQL, AMPscript
- Skilled with Google Analytics, Display/Retargeting, HTML and the ability to write script code is a plus.
- Understanding of human-centred design, service design or design thinking is a plus.
- Understanding of prototyping tools such as InVision and collaborative design tools such as RealtimeBoard or Lucidchart.
- Self-motivated and achievement oriented with excellent project management skills.
- Creative and innovative thought leader who is not afraid to take risks to improve the customer experience.
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, including C-level as required.
- Strong technical skills within marketing automation systems to help unlock capabilities and drive innovation
- Understanding data process and flows into Salesforce Marketing Cloud and outbound signals to other platforms
- A deep knowledge and understanding of audience data and development audience segmentation for journey flows
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.