About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About The Role
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic management and flawless execution of a key marketing channel that engages our customers every day. They are customer experts, translating business needs into marketing strategy across file health, segmentation and optimization. This role supports the Director of Commercial Planning and Brand Media in driving growth at BR Factory and is supported by the Email Marketing Associate. Email expertise, strategic thinking and strong communication are key to success in this role.
What You'll Do
- Be the email channel expert, communicating strategy and learnings across all levels of the organization, advocating for new ideas that drive growth and leading key initiatives in which email plays a crucial role (Friends & Family, StyleCash, Last Day to Order, Weekend Steals/One-Day Steals).
- Collaborate across marketing, creative and production to drive strong results in the email channel, supporting promotional, seasonal, channel and loyalty in a customer-first way.
- Partner cross-functionally with inventory management, merchandise and company planning to incorporate business needs into email and commercial plan strategy, leading key meetings such as Operating Committee.
- Assist in commercial plan strategy and execution across both pre-season and in-season planning, identifying new opportunities based on recent performance trends, competitive landscape and sister brand learning.
- Develop and execute strategy to fuel healthy growth of the email file through acquisition and retention efforts across channels and customer lifecycle/triggered programs.
- Works collaboratively with creative designers to connect the dots between strategic intent and creative execution, partnering to evolve and elevate our brand representation.
- Lead analysis of email channel, connecting the dots across segmentation strategy, promotion and editorial content and creative to clearly articulate insights and go-forward actions.
- Ensure flawless execution in a quickly moving environment, embracing a fast pace of change.
- Stay in the forefront of email marketing research and strategies, developing testing roadmap to continue pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to further optimize performance.
- Interface with email technology vendor/partners to adapt products and solutions to improve email program performance.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity for email to drive stronger performance and better support brand and financial goals.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in email marketing
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing and best practices, including developing automated and lifecycle program
- Expertise partnering with creative teams to deliver elevated marketing content
- Experience with segmentation strategies and campaign management system
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, high priority projects – identifying creative solutions
- Strong analytical thinking, written, verbal and presentation skills, able to synthesize complex information into crucial findings and articulate learnings across the organization.
- Organized and proactive with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Management experience highly desired
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.