MERGE promotes health, wealth and happiness in the world by merging storytelling with technology and offers marketing and technology clients full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, media, digital platform development and more. MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Brigham Health, Indiana University Health and Marco's Pizza. With offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Kansas City, MO, New York City, Orange County and Denver, MERGE uses a task-to-talent process that enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our deep vertical expertise and category insights stem from decade-long partnerships with our top clients.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where talented and ambitious people grow. An experience that encourages people to think higher and feel deeper. An experience where people engage minds and hearts to do the best work of their careers.
Be Accountable and Responsible
As our Email Development Manager you will be the resident expert primarily focused on the building, coding, developing and optimizing highly dynamic and responsive HTML emails. The core responsibilities include the creation of email campaigns utilizing HTML/CSS, troubleshooting issues, creating dynamic content using scripting language, and render testing. You will also be responsible for setting up email campaigns in ESPs, building lists, testing dynamic content and sending tests. This person will be a thought partner in recommending enhancements to email campaigns, complex workflow configuration, and how to leverage the ESP to implement new tools and tactics to achieve business goals.
This is a highly collaborative position and you’ll work with multiple departments across the organization including marketing analytics, engineering and data science.
- Construct highly personalized, dynamic and customizable HTML emails
- Troubleshoot, test and perfect emails across various email clients
- Work closely in ESPs by setting up email campaigns, building lists, segmenting data, and extracting reports
- Create highly dynamic content in emails using scripting languages and testing them in ESPs
- Uphold standards of email development best practices and keep up with latest developments
- Build complex workflows across multiple systems
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in building/hand coding HTML emails and development
- Advanced knowledge of responsive coding practices and testing
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing automation software and ESPs
- Expert in render testing and troubleshooting in various email clients using tools such as Email on Acid or Litmus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (EmailStudio/Content Builder, data extensions, setting up email campaigns, sending tests)
- Experience with coding in AMPscript
- Comfortable with basic object-oriented programming principles
- Good understanding of prioritizing workload using Agile Development Principles
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate across multiple departments in multiple disciplines
- Utilize strong communication skills to inform email team of status of issues or projects and to resolve conflict
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Mastering our craft
- Delivering with a growth mindset
- Collaborating for shared success
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer