Are you a marketing professional with a deep interest in learning how to create impactful marketing and communications in support of the clean energy transition? Do you have excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills? Are you looking to join a growing organization where you can have influence and impact in your career? If yes, then join our Marketing and Communications team!
RMI is seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist to support and execute RMI’s Lifecycle Marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, data-driven, and collaborative individual with experience planning and executing email marketing campaigns in Pardot or Marketing Cloud Salesforce platforms.
The Lifecycle Marketing Specialist is an integral member of RMI’s Marketing & Communications team and will work closely with our R&C programs, the Corporate Engagement Director, and the Development team to execute marketing journeys that engage and motivate key industries, stakeholders, and audience segments to ultimately influence energy sector decision making. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the transition to clean energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position reports to the Lifecycle Marketing Lead and will work closely with other Communications team members, including media, social, editorial, and design. The role will play a key part in delivering audience segmentation strategies to internal partners while executing long term marketing automation goals. As such, the ideal candidate will exhibit curiosity toward each R&C program’s focus areas, be proficient in tailoring communications for different audiences, and excel at coordinating and working with internal partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field and/or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience in marketing and communications disciplines, with clear experience in developing strategies and supporting successful communications campaigns through email marketing platforms (preferably Marketing Cloud or Pardot).
- Excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills.
- Strong data analysis skills, including the ability to plan, implement, and analyze regular a/b split testing on email campaigns.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with HTML
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change
- Manage all internal and external email marketing communications from inception to post-campaign reporting, and work with in-house Communications resources (i.e., editorial, design, web, public relations and social media) to ensure projects are completed on time and in line with requirements;
- Monitor performance metrics on automated and scheduled email campaigns and make recommendations for improvement;
- Plan and execute a/b split testing strategy for email and other lifecycle campaigns;
- Maintain Email Outreach Calendar and proactively address conflicts between planned promotion dates; and
- Partner with Salesforce Administrator to query Salesforce database to support and improve audience segmentation strategies.
Support Lifecycle Marketing Lead in the following areas as needed:
- Proactively identify and leverage news-making moments, milestones, outcomes, and impacts to drive awareness and interest in RMI among target audiences, influencers, and donors;
- Partner with Development team, Corporate Engagement Director, and R&C teams to structure cross-channel lifecycle marketing journeys that support RMI’s theory of change for diverse audience segments;
- Test new marketing channels for RMI, including but not limited to SMS messaging, in-product, and direct mail;
- Continue to test and optimize Web experience to collect key audience segmentation data; and
- Support Web and Media teams and external vendors on SEO, Sponsored Social, and Paid Media marketing plans.
Location is flexible between RMI’s offices in New York City, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Boulder, CO; and Basalt, CO.
The hourly wage range for this position is $24.00-$30.00, with the target being $24.00-$27.00. This is dependent upon experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5% bonus target.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMI-er and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.