Borrowell is a Canadian company dedicated to making financial stability possible for everyone. The first to offer free credit scores, Borrowell provides educational resources, monitoring, innovative digital tools and personalized product recommendations to help people feel in control and optimistic about their financial future.
With over 1.5 million members, Borrowell is one of the largest fintech companies in Canada. Borrowell has won numerous awards, including being named one of the top 100 fintech companies in the world by KPMG, ranking 4th on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ list of fastest-growing companies in Canada, and making App Annie's list of Breakout Finance Apps for 2019.
Borrowell places a high value on building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to have a gender-balanced team. Borrowell was named one of the Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada (<100 employees), as well as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Women and Millennials.
About the role:
As the Lifecycle Marketing Specialist, you will increase engagement and optimize the user experiences for Borrowell’s credit building members. As a key member of the Revenue and Marketing teams, you will lead marketing efforts for the sales funnel through email, SMS, and later, push notifications.
- Develop & manage email and SMS marketing campaigns to improve customer onboarding, drive sales conversions, upsell & cross-sell. This includes content writing, journey mapping, deployment & reporting
- Champion A/B testing and multivariate testing efforts to uncover insights and optimize top-of-funnel performance
- Work with Product, Engineering, Sales and Design teams to promote new product/feature launches and automate user journeys
- Build and track dashboards to identify performance trends & measure KPIs. Present insights and recommendations to Sr Leadership on a monthly basis
- Assist in improving the conversion & revenue attribution infrastructure (UTM architecture, data flow through, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in email management/testing, deployment, user segmentation, data analytics, and reporting
- Data & results driven. Relies on funnel & conversion analysis to make all recommendations and content improvements.
- Test-savvy. Experience in running A/B and multivariate tests on content, design, and segmentation to optimize top-of-funnel performance
- Experience with enterprise-level email service providers (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot, Sendgrid, Braze, Marketo, Pardot, etc.)
- Experience with email automation
- Knowledge of customer engagement, with experience in email best practices, as well as methods for testing and optimization
- Strong attention to detail & ability to think through complex problems
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate ideas, collaborate on execution and report on results
- Adaptable & able to prioritize amongst multiple ongoing projects
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Basic understanding of SQL for audience segmentation
- Experience working in a scale-up environment
- French is an asset
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact at a growing company that is helping make financial stability possible for everybody
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, pet care etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
We will be remote-first for all of 2021. In 2022, we will implement a flexible remote policy with opportunities to work in-office.
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.