At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The Digital Marketing team is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to help lead all aspects of our customer engagement strategy across planning, execution, and analysis. In this role you will need to develop a deep understanding of ed2go’s customer lifecycle stages and craft a messaging strategy that will help guide customers along their enrollment journey. You’ll work cross-functionally with multiple teams throughout the organization, including Marketing, Enrollment, and Student Services, to understand and address customer challenges, drive customer engagement, and improve key performance indicators through a variety of marketing channels.
What you'll do here
- Build multi-channel customer engagement strategies and workflows across email, re-targeting, and other marketing channels, to maximize for lead generation, lead nurturing and re-engagement, while reducing churn
- While you will begin with a primary focus on email, you will be working closely with the product, marketing and enrollment teams to coordinate with their customer touchpoints, and in the future look for ways to power personalized journeys both on and off our properties.
- Use our CRM and marketing automation tools (Salesforce & Marketing Cloud) to ensure we are closely tracking and reporting on list health metrics, including growth & engagement, plus maintain compliance with global data regulations.
- Drive continuous improvement through testing and iterating quickly across email metrics including deliverability, open, click-to-open, conversion, and opt-out rates, and revenue
- Partner closely with enrollment and marketing teammates to execute on segmented nurturing programs, lead scoring and handoff to sales for qualified leads and customers
- Lead the growth of our engagement channels, managing a roadmap of campaign ideas and experiments to meet quarterly business goals, along with the use of qualitative and quantitative data to inform campaign decisions
- Run A/B tests across campaigns/channels to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across our catalog of products
- Monitor campaign performance and share readouts on a regular cadence with the team
What Skills You Need
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on Lifecycle, Customer Success, Engagement and/or Retention
- Deep knowledge and understanding of CRM tools/marketing automation tools
- Experience with experimentation (e.g. A/B tests, multi-variant tests) and comfort with data analysis and/or working with analysts to measure marketing impact
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers, with experience developing customer personas/segments
- Ability to write effective customer-facing copy
- Interpersonal skills to help nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Strategic problem solver that can see beyond the day-to-day to help reach adoption and renewal goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
Cengage is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
Cengage, an education technology company serving millions of learners in 165 countries and territories, advances the way students learn through quality, digital experiences. We serve the K-12, higher education, professional, library, English language teaching, and workforce training markets worldwide. We believe that through the power and joy of learning, students can enrich their lives and achieve their dreams – no matter their age, experience, abilities, or environment. Our industry-leading products and services make education more accessible and affordable, including Cengage Unlimited, the first-of-its-kind all-access digital subscription service. Visit us at http://www.cengage.com/ or find us on LinkedIn , Facebook , or Twitter .