Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Global SMB Lifecycle Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for all merchant-facing communications through lifecycle campaigns that engage, grow and retain Afterpay’s existing small to medium-sized partners. You will report to the Global SMB Engagement Marketing Lead and be a part of a team whose mandate is to develop a community of merchants thriving and growing their businesses with Afterpay.
Your program of work will incorporate the development and management of Afterpay’s "always-on" lifecycle campaigns as well as ad-hoc moment campaigns. These will be highly effective engagement campaigns and global events across email, sms, paid social, and in-app notifications. that drive revenue growth from existing partners.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Partner with the Sales, Product Marketing, Product and the wider B2B Marketing team to build lifecycle marketing campaigns across Afterpay’s channels that deliver impactful messaging and ultimately drive revenue.
- Develop new lifecycle campaigns utilising a multi-channel approach including paid advertising, email marketing, SMS and webinars.
- Partner with Marketing Operations and Analytics to deliver data-driven automated email campaigns using best practices in automation, and revenue performance management.
- Track and deliver performance reports on lifecycle initiatives to provide insights and learnings to key stakeholders
- Design and execute the blueprint to drive growth through onboarding and retention programs, and mitigate attrition through dormancy and inactive programs.
- Partner with designers, developers and project managers to implement all marketing programmatic and operational initiatives through Marketo that drives acquisition, engagement and activation.
- Run data-driven email campaigns sought at improving conversion, transactions and overall GMV, increasing monthly average consumer growth for SMBs.
- Lead all cross-sell marketing campaigns to Afterpay’s existing partners to generate new business and increase revenue.
- Employ A/B testing and other experimentation strategies across all channels to create proper optimization models.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience in lifecycle or growth marketing with direct experience managing, executing, optimising and reporting on multi-channel B2B marketing campaigns.
- Hands-on experience in the use of marketing automation tools and platforms (i.e. Marketo, Salesforce)
- Proven campaign planning and strong project management experience.
- Experience working and driving cross-functional initiatives in a global matrix.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and an ability to understand the nuances of global marketing, localization and empowering regional marketing teams
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in the complex and challenging environment of a rapidly evolving business
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or related field
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you t*o succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.