When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry is looking for a Head of CRM and Marketing Operations to lead and manage our CRM strategy and execution teams. This person will be responsible for leading a 20+ person team dedicated to improving the customer experience from acquisition to retention. The ideal candidate is a veteran leader with experience managing all parts of the CRM journey.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and lead global CRM strategy, including acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Create roadmap of customer journey experience across key moments in the customer lifecycle across email, SMS, push and more
- Lead audience targeting and segmentation to enhance the customer experience
- Strategic day-to-day ownership of Salesforce tool and partnership
- Provide leadership and mentorship to CRM team members
- Consult with Marketing and Product leadership to develop strategy for both acquisition-focus email campaigns and product engagement email strategy
- Document initiatives executed and present to leadership team
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of professional experience working and leading CRM teams
- Experience with customer personalization and analytics skills for data-driven customer communications
- A track record for continually improving and optimizing a major online service
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interactions technical and business constituents
- Strong web analytics skills including experience with Salesforce, Google Analytics
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Subscription business experience a plus
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.