We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Our marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on delivering quantifiable results. In this role, you will be responsible for driving CRM programs for Instacart Express, Instacart’s membership program. We’re looking for a talented Engagement Marketing Manager to join us to work directly with leadership and key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Creative, and Data Science teams, and will be making a big impact on overarching company goals. Join us!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead conceptualizing, creating and managing retention and engagement content initiatives via automated and personalized email marketing programs, push notifications, sms, and in-app messaging for Instacart Express.
- Manage strategic marketing initiatives (for Express CRM) from end to end; strategy, calendaring, creative strategy, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis.
- Create and manage the ongoing roadmap and initiatives across all Express lifecycle programs, including integration into existing customer lifecycle programs, plus addition of dedicated Express lifecycle tracks.
- Monitor complex journeys, triggers and automations with static and dynamic content
- Ensure campaigns (including tests, segmentation and complex personalization logic) are set up and deployed accurately.
- Partner directly with the Express team to develop promotions; monitor budget and ROI.
- Develop a rigorous testing agenda across lifecycle campaigns; tie back improvements in creative/content tests to improvements in business results
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science to deliver compelling new personalized customer journeys
- 3-5 years of experience managing CRM programs
- Experience leveraging a complex marketing automation/CRM system like Braze, Iterable, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Responsys
- Deep knowledge in customer segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- Creative and empathetic thinker; you care deeply about our customers and can build precise targeting as well as delightful, on-brand experiences.
- Passion for data-driven marketing and building programs that drive incremental results
- Team player and strong communicator
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus
- Experience with subscription or membership-based programs a plus