United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, equity, continuous improvement, results, and innovation. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Email Marketing Strategist is responsible for implementing and using technology solutions to help broaden UWSL’s base of support, deepen engagement with current donors, advocates, and volunteers, and increase engagement through email and other digital channels. The EMS is responsible for organizing email campaigns specific to digital marketing and engagement goals and priorities. The EMS will work closely with other teams including Resource Development, Data Operations, Collective Impact, and 211 to develop digital campaigns and analyze results. The ideal candidate should have proven success building and managing a variety of email programs for various audiences.
- Design, build, and manage personalized email campaigns in email marketing platform.
- Design, build, and champion marketing data analytics that improve strategy and increase ROI
- Analyze data from multiple sources to drive a segmentation strategy that enables targeted communication with constituents. (CRM, email marketing platform, web analytics, etc.)
- Help develop, build, and manage multi-channel digital marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Design and integrate automation into marketing strategies and processes.
- Manage monthly and year-long email campaign calendars across organization.
- Work with United Way Worldwide on cross-marketing email engagement and advocacy campaigns.
- Champion adoption of new technology that enables the organization to deliver on strategic goals.
- Work with all teams to increase data quality and depth of contact records
- Organization subject matter expert and business owner of email marketing tools and preference center
- Digital asset management within email marketing platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of email/digital marketing technologies, techniques, and trends
- Experience developing and managing a results-driven, people-centered plan
- Ability to visualize, manipulate, validate, and interpret complex data from multiple sources to support organization goals
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to track and manage multiple campaigns/projects at a time
- Passion for creating compelling and personalized digital customer experiences
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM act, and preference center best practices
- Experience with HTML and CSS coding
- 1 year of experience creating and managing email marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or comparable experience
- Understanding of digital marketing analytics
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack a plus)
- Proficient with email marketing tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot a plus)
- Experience in non-profit a plus
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices; must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee must have the means and ability to travel; to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 30lbs.
The position is full-time, exempt with complete benefits. Salary to commensurate with experience.