The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing overall support for Email Marketing initiatives for all Caesars Entertainment properties. The incumbent will support a fast-paced team, focused on driving online room revenue and customer engagement through email newsletters, trigger communications, lifecycle marketing and promotional campaigns.
Key Job Functions
- Execute email communications
- Coordinate activities of design, content and development teams to meet multiple, interdependent deadlines
- Provide suggestions/improvements to your own work as well as other team members’ work
- Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in assigned email campaign type
- Execute complex emails/campaigns
- Establish relationships with key property contacts
- Build and rigorously test each email, verifying copy, layout, links, and dynamic content as well as assessing and addressing any spam risks
- Execute flawless QA
- Lead 5 or more projects each year while being involved in a minimum of 3 other projects
- Support all training efforts including the creation of training documentation
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communication or related field preferred or equivalent work experience. Digital marketing experience with understanding of email best practices for design, subject lines, copy, testing, calls to action etc.
- Demonstrates strong, up-to-date knowledge in email best practice design, subject lines, layout, copy and calls to action
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Experience with ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other ESP
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Dreamweaver are key)
- Strong email-related HTML experience required, web design experience preferred
- Ability to manipulate HTML and to create emails without the use of a WYSIWYG within the email service provider tool
- Proficiency in AMPscript or other scripting language to create variations with a single email
- Ability to write and execute SOQL queries and/or understanding of database querying
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Superior communication, writing, presentation, and follow-up skills
- Evidence of learning quickly and ability to build on existing business foundations
- Excellent time and project management with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to take ownership and initiative, and work independently with minimal direction while also functioning and contributing as part of a team
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively, handle multiple high priority projects concurrently and react quickly to shifting priorities
- Ideal candidate will have a passion for email marketing, be driven to achieve results, be detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic about taking on responsibilities and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, all while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Candidate should have a strong working knowledge and understanding of the internet and familiarity with content management tools, new media and/or product development.
- Must have a proven ability to successfully manage multiple, different streams of work in a challenging, dynamic environment.
- MUST have excellent WRITTEN and oral communication skills and able to comfortably communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.