Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing, and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory daily is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem-solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep-dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
TaxAct, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Wealth Management & Avantax Planning Partners is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist that will be responsible for building and managing TaxAct’s email and display campaigns, maximizing revenue opportunities from the company’s CRM and customer databases. This role is also responsible for campaign deployment tasks, including final email creative development, audience segmentation, email creative proof creation, testing, deployment scheduling, and email deployment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the development of email and display campaigns.
- Work in close partnership with Brand, Project Management, Creative, and MarTech teams to support campaign design and triggered lifecycles to deliver against business goals.
- Manage subscriber databases, import, and segmentation logic.
- Update existing HTML and text email templates including dynamic, wireframe templates (URLs, copy, alt text).
- Assist with quality assurance and end-to-end testing of emails (content integration, link checking, etc.).
- Support optimization of campaigns to drive key email metrics: CTR, open rate, conversions, etc.
- Utilize campaign management tools and analytics programs to monitor campaign performance.
- Provide support and input to the Marketing team with special projects as needed.
- Adhere to email marketing best practices, strategies, and industry standards to maintain a deliverable email list.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing preferred.
- 3+ years managing email marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with ESP platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio.
- HTML expertise is a must (without the use of WYSIWYG).
- Familiarity with email best practices.
- Strong data management skills, preferably SQL.
- A/B or multi-variate testing experience.
- Strategic problem solving & analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects as needed.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously and accurately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment across multiple teams.
- Self-disciplined with a strong work ethic and the ability to learn quickly.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open, and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to-know basis or as required by law.