Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
No matter their age, wealth, or environment, every learner possesses unique talents and boundless potential. Every learner is ready to be inspired by a great education. While many students thrive in traditional brick-and-mortar schools, others are limited by a system that simply doesn't fit their needs. Stride is establishing the kind of personal learning that everyone can access.
Whether providing students with unique opportunities for growth or empowering educators with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed, we know personalized education works. We're steadfast in our dedication to the entire education community. And we're energized to best serve every learner, educator, and enterprise. This philosophy demands a culture driven by an earned trust, constant improvement, and creative innovation. We’re all in.
About Your Role
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will be a key member of the email marketing team. You will play a critical role in driving the marketing email programs, to make a direct impact on school enrollments and communications with prospects and customers. You will be able to showcase your ideas and implement the latest trends to optimize our campaigns. Your contributions will support our goal of building awareness and driving demand for our innovative and personalized online education programs. You will collaborate across teams including CRM, analytics, creative, media, and school services. Our diverse team values your contributions, thrives on collaboration and celebrates successes together.
Summary: The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of Stride’s email marketing campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including coding HTML emails, data mapping, campaign setup and execution, and reporting on performance to stakeholders and internal teams. The Email Marketing Specialist serves as the subject matter expert on responsive email template design and HTML coding and recommends best practices and strategies to meet our email marketing objectives.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Design and implement marketing automation journeys, including creating HTML emails, a/b tests, and customer data segmentation.
- Manage end-to-end email campaign production and execution for both ad-hoc and automated campaigns, including campaign set up, list segmentation, deployment, and reporting for internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams to translate marketing requirements into functional campaigns.
- Optimize responsive email template designs and HTML coding based on best practices.
- Execute and optimize audience segmentation for campaigns within the marketing platform.
- Optimize email deliverability and maintain positive e-mail reputation and health.
- Help develop and implement test plans with a disciplined approach to continually optimize email campaign performance via aggressive testing methodologies.
- Work with the Analytics team to proactively track, monitor, analyze, and report on campaign performance on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with cross functional team to define email campaign execution approaches as the lead resource on technical issues.
- Seek out new ideas, monitor industry trends, and recommend best practices to innovate our email campaigns.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- BS/BA Degree in Business or Marketing or relevant field AND
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience in building, testing and executing end-to-end marketing automation email campaigns and flows AND
- 5+ years of experience in building responsive HTML email campaigns, including QA testing, audience segmentation, and post-send reporting OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification is preferred but not required.
Other Required Qualifications
- Technical and hands-on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Ability to execute multiple campaigns without errors under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with email testing products (Litmus, Email on Acid).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Track record of managing complex marketing projects/program management
- Proven experience in project management skills with ability to prioritize workload
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to leverage technology effectively
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency
- Ability to clear required background check
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (minimal if any e.g. team building, events, or training)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification
- Advanced understanding of HTML for email
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position. We are seeking applicants from Washington, D.C, and from any state. We anticipate a typical school office setting including conversation, light foot traffic, computers, etc.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- The minimum annual compensation may be around $75,000. The average annual maximum compensation may be around $81,000.
- Stride, Inc. offers employees a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and parental leave, voluntary life and AD&D insurance, accident and hospital supplemental plans and commuter benefits. Employees may also be eligible for paid time off (PTO), 401(k) retirement plan, bonus, and generous professional development programs.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.