Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
Email marketing is dead, they said. Ha! You know, and we know, that it can’t be further from the truth. So if you’re an experienced email marketer who can build engaging journeys and A/B test your way to the perfect subject line, we want to meet with you!
Here at Simply Business, we’re striving to change the world of small business insurance as we know it. That’s why we’re seeking a perceptive and technically-savvy Email Marketing Specialist to join our diverse and high-performing Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing Operations, you’ll be responsible for helping to execute a successful, world-class email marketing program that drives results to the business and provides true value to our customers. You should be well-versed in email marketing trends, legislation, tools, and best practices.
Best of all? We’re just getting started here, which means you’ll have the opportunity to build and shape our email marketing program for the foreseeable future.
As an Email Marketing Specialist you will:
- Contribute to the implementation of Simply Business USA’s email marketing program using BlueConic and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Be a champion for retention journeys working with Product and Customer Experience teams, advising on best practices and supporting where necessary
- Maintain the email marketing calendar, working with cross-functional teams to plan content and email sends that drive improved conversion and engagement
- Work with the Content and Design teams to create engaging emails that target high open and click through ratesHave a keen interest in data, and be comfortable querying data to generate insight and highlight opportunities
- Create targeted audience segments to ensure campaigns are sent to the right people at the right time
- Contribute to a ‘build, measure, learn’ approach to maximize results which will also broaden your experience across email marketing initiatives
- Ensure legal compliance with email rules and regulations (e.g. CAN-SPAM)
- Developing and executing acquisition and retention marketing email journeys end to end, from ideas and briefing, to build and deployment
- Providing support for other teams in the transactional and service journeys
- Campaign reporting and analysis - sharing results with customer team and broader organization
- Contact centre campaign liaison
What we are looking for:
- 2-4 years experience in email marketing
- Experience working with an Email Service Provider (Salesforce Marketing Cloud a bonus)
- AMPscript knowledge ideal, but not essential
- Experience with segmentation, personalization, and automated campaigns
- Knowledge/understanding of HTML
- SQL knowledge ideal, but not essential
- Technically minded with the ability to translate between the business and technical teams
- Willingness to learn new marketing technologies in order to deliver the best email experience
- Any experience working with BlueConic or similar CDP technology is a bonus
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working in an agile environment
- The confidence to manage a whole campaign/project end-to-end
- A good understanding of online and digital tech, passionate about digital marketing
- A natural problem solver; demonstrates innovation and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Very detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills including a good knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong written and communication skills
- A confident team player with the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
- Experience embedding email within larger campaigns and other channels
- An understanding of other digital marketing channels
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
What's going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely once every few weeks. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at [email protected] Similarly, please email us with any questions or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one above.