Excellent new opportunity for an experienced Email Marketing Specialist to create and execute email campaigns across the customer lifecycle to drive Marketing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including demand creation, conversion, and engagement. This role will track and analyze campaign performance to drive sales and revenue across the business through Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/email implementation, email segmentation, technology enhancements, best practice email marketing and delivery of techniques to drive customer acquisition and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops, launches, and optimizes email marketing from end-to-end.
- Develops promotional email campaigns to drive sales and year-over-year growth.
- Manages all customer facing digital e-communications including transactional (confirmation, cancellation, modification, registration, and e-survey), promotional, editorial/newsletter and triggered emails.
- Develops the email and SMS production process (e.g., planning, development, scheduling, testing, etc.).
- Designs and develops customer lifecycle communications across relevant touchpoints, continuously aiming to foster positive sentiment and loyalty.
- Manages email campaigns from initial production through results analysis, including creative development, building, QA, deployment, and reporting.
- Builds and implements ongoing test strategy with email KPIs.
- Ensures all campaigns have key metrics identified, tracked, and analyzed with insights.
- Completes the A/B test program (e.g., subject line, content, link placement, etc.) to improve email performance.
- Ensures design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly.
- Identifies opportunities for leveraging new email functionality and leads projects to implement solutions that support email operations annual objectives to continuously advance our email programs.
- Provides visibility and insights on results and recommends improvements to increase open rates, click rates, constantly improving deliverability and reducing opt outs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for email best practices, developing documentation that can be shared around the firm with other teams.
- Monitors deliverability KPIs; remediates mail blocks, hard and soft bounces, spam traps; ensures data duplication and list scrubs.
Oversees target audience development, list management, and message personalization.
- Drives the roadmap and execution of lifecycle marketing to onboard, retain, build loyalty, and increase lifetime value by engaging customers with personalized, targeted, and relevant marketing at every stage.
- Identifies target audiences based on buyer personas to build out and manage lead lists.
- Achieves monthly and yearly nurture campaign goals driving contact, close and retention rate across low-to-high intent audiences.
- Develops emails using dynamic content and leverages data extensions to populate variable copy based on recipient attributes.
- Builds audiences within customer database with smart segmentation that align with overall strategy; leverages dynamic content whenever possible for customer personalization.
- Creates and manages sender profiles and data extensions to support personalized emails.
- Develops and optimizes marketing automation with triggered email/push programs and defining of business logic behind customization, campaign prioritization, frequency caps, etc.
- Sets up workflows, campaigns, and segments in email platform.
- Proactively explores engagement and behavior data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Provides maintenance of subscriber database and minimizes unsubscribes to improve email metrics.
Works cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and business units.
- Collaborates with all relevant teams to design, implement and evaluate personalized lifecycle email/push campaigns based on stakeholder goals and solutions.
- Partners with product, marketing, sales, service, and analytics to ensure that all campaigns have clearly defined success metrics which are tracked and analyzed.
- Communicates effectively with both internal team and business stakeholders to meet key deliverable dates for email campaigns and special online marketing projects.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing leaders to come up with appropriate cross-channel efforts and communication streams to reach customer acquisition and retention goals.
- Collaborates with copywriters and designers in developing innovative email marketing messages.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports performance data to be easily viewed and understood by key stakeholders across the organization.
Maintains technologies that support the marketing team including database optimization and maintenance.
- Plans, executes, and measures all email campaigns using company’s email marketing platform - Pardot. Acts as the point person for data integrity in Pardot. including monitoring workflows, CRM cleanliness, organizing assets, and synching with other data sources like Salesforce.
- Manages multiple simultaneous email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud email service provider platform, including html coding, testing, deployment, and metrics reporting.
- Codes emails in html using responsive design, as well as utilize, modify, and manage email templates.
- Establishes and maintains scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management. Ensures that leads are scored, nurtured, and passed on to sales.
- Identifies and drives KPIs, metrics, and tracking methodologies. Builds data cleansing and standardization programs.
- Manages the development, hypotheses, and execution of an email/push testing program, providing takeaways and recommendations to continually improve programming.
- Conducts email address verification scrubbing, segmenting, and loading email lists for campaigns.
- Serves as the point of contact for all email platform troubleshooting.
- Assists with evaluating new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize -email implementation performance and identifies solutions for supporting complex email campaign requests.
- Provides vendor management of key email vendor platforms that are leveraged across multiple business units.
- Performs routine database maintenance to ensure usability and reliability. Prepares and regularly provides maintenance reports.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in email marketing platforms, marketing automation platforms (Pardot, Marketo, or Hubspot), or customer relations management (Salesforce, Microsoft, or SAP).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledgeable on email best practices, marketing automation technologies, and engagement trends. Superior understanding of digital marketing strategy and methodologies. Experience building and executing email campaigns within email platforms that have delivered favorable results. Must properly handle unsubscribes by business unit and align to CAN SPAM and CASL laws. Strong analytical skills with the ability to consume, organize, manage, and present data such as open and click rates and what actions should be taken from those insights. Proven ability to use email marketing to increase user acquisition and generate leads. Working knowledge of HTML & CSS, Pardot (or similar email automation platform). Familiarity with implementing automated campaigns using Automation Studio, Journey Builder and triggered email sends a plus. LiveClicker knowledge preferred. Experience forecasting, tracking, and reporting of email performance. Superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Analytical, solution-seeking mindset. Self-starter who is highly detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player. Ability to work with highly technical cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to build trust with executives, management, and team; overcome resistance in different settings and work cultures, influence stakeholders, and lead without formal authority. Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and consult with the organization’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts. Knowledge of Salesforce and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.