City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About The Opportunity
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing the scheduling, organization, and execution of email programs and customer engagement campaigns across Hornblower Group experience categories, including private events, dining, sightseeing, ferry & transportation, and overnight cruises. This role will support our Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation, as well as our current Pardot instance, and will work closely with colleagues on brand, marketing, sales, and analytics teams to develop effective campaigns.
Our email campaigns engage subscribers and existing customers, both consumer and B2B, and it is important to the company’s success to maintain quality user experience, loyalty, conversion rates and lead generation. The ideal candidate has demonstrated a strong sense of quality control, attention to detail, and strong analytical skills that drive digital campaign improvement and innovation.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Own day-to-day execution of email marketing campaigns; including scheduling, creating, proofing, testing, and QA of email campaigns to ensure accurate and error-free execution of links, content and targeted assets.
- Support Hornblower Group’s Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation, including streamlining lead forms, creating campaigns and journeys, drip campaigns, nurture flows, etc.
- Serve as a campaign project manager, overseeing communications strategy, creative development process, production schedules, approval processes, and budgets.
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources to make intelligent, informed recommendations and decisions on email marketing plans and investment.
- Optimize email production workflow to shorten production times, employing production and testing best practices, new tools for collaboration, simplified content and templates, and efficient team coordination
- Validate and test email functionality and appearance across browsers and platforms
- Maintain a very high standard of quality by delivering assets that are bug-free and thoroughly QA’d
- Manage email schedule
- Identify and conduct A/B tests; report on findings and incorporate in future emails
- Participate in data analysis reviews and apply learnings to future emails to improve performance
- Troubleshoot any technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, deployment and reporting
- Continually perform competitive analysis of email best practices and trends
- Effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Additional job duties assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 2+ years of experience in marketing, web management, or other technical role supporting customer-facing programs
- Proficiency in HTML
- Experience creating and executing many large-scale email campaigns concurrently
- Proficient in Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Pardot or similar marketing automation tool, familiarity or Salesforce a plus
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, testing techniques and platforms; specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered events.
- Ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- A self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly efficient team player, with the ability to also work independently
- Process and quality-oriented with sharp attention to detail
- Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
THE RESPECT SYSTEM embodies HornblowerGroup’s mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.