This role can be based in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Ads is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Are you skilled at building email programs that deliver an innovative, customized, functional, and delightful experience for a target audience? We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our growing outbound marketing team to reach our customers with stories and facts about Amazon Ads. Keys to success in this role are an ability to create, manage, and analyze regular email campaigns, and use the results to optimize and scale. In this role, you will be responsible for building, executing, and QA’ing campaigns and reporting on results for a high-visibility global email program across multiple languages.
You have experience leveraging data to gain insights and solve problems, an eye for graphic design, experience with developing outperforming content, and technical email development skills. You need to be deeply analytical, detail-oriented, and obsessive over constantly improving customer experiences by leveraging quantitative and qualitative inputs. In this role, you will collaborate with stakeholders to identify and drive innovative email campaigns that achieve business goals and raise the bar with each launch.
This role will have the opportunity to help shape the email communication program for our broader Marketing and Training Amazon Ads team. Our team values attention to detail, an ability to work autonomously, self-motivation to find better solutions for our customers, and having fun while accomplishing our goals together.
Key job responsibilities
• Execute email campaigns that drive adoption of Amazon’s advertising solutions
• Leverage modern email tools, both third party and in-house, to increase campaign performance
• Transform approved marketing content to campaigns that drive advertiser actions at scale (adoption, engagement, or education)
• Partner with external agencies in support of asset creation and execution as needed.
• Provide clear, consistent, and frequent communication with stakeholders to outline strategy, tactics, goals, and performance of campaigns.
• Create and test campaigns and templates that align content to customer preferences (language, marketplace, products, or experience)
• Optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, revenue lift, and engagement
• Recommend and implement iterative A/B testing to continually improve performance through optimized messaging and targeting
• Analyze and report on performance metrics of email campaigns and set up test plans to improve the campaign performance
• Track email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations
· Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
· 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• 4-6+ years’ experience building and managing email campaigns; including building, testing, and sending campaigns
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communication or other related field or equivalent experience
• Detail oriented--capable of ensuring defects do not ship to customers in email comms
• Demonstrated experience using analytical tools to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations, and make adjustments accordingly
• Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
• Competency with HTML and/or XML, plus the ability to learn our in-house analysis tools quickly
• Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot or Marketo
• Experience in B2B, digital advertising, and ad-tech products/services
• Experience in setting up automated marketing communication
• Strong execution capability with highest standards in a rapidly evolving business
• Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Research
• The ability to comfortably and confidently work with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Experience with SQL