We're looking for a talented digital marketing leader to join our growing team. This natural leader has built and optimized best-in-class DTC email and push marketing programs, has a true passion for beautifully crafted and flawlessly executed marketing campaigns, measures twice and cuts once, always builds for the customer, and isn’t afraid to flex their strategic chops in a high-growth environment. Based in our Headquarter office in San Francisco, CA our team is focused on retaining and engaging our customers from the minute they order their first box throughout their entire lifecycle.
This teammate will play an integral role, leading the integrated campaign program for our DTC existing customer base. This high-impact role is at the heart of our existing customer experience, and a core cross functional player in our DTC business. This teammate will have the opportunity to manage our campaign program rooted in the email channel and stretching across app push notifications, site experience and incorporating SMS, Direct Mail, and more. Reporting to the Head of Integrated Retention Marketing, this teammate will work closely aligned with counterparts in our Innovation, Merchandising, Creative and Product teams to deliver powerful user experiences with each campaign.
- Work closely with Retention Marketing and cross-functional teams to lead our existing customer campaign program
- Lead our high-impact and high-volume existing DTC customer campaign program
- Collaborate with creative team/creative project management to produce a campaign program that makes an impact
- Optimize campaign program for in-season performance, driving topline KPIs while optimizing for strategic quality metrics, always while championing the customer experience
- Manage an ongoing program of email testing, from subject lines to body, images and CTA, day/time of send, personalization, etc.
- Regularly analyze/evaluate the overall performance of our campaigns program, and prepare synthesized insights for share out across the organization
- Help build and report on retention health and campaign performance using BI and platform reporting tools such as: Looker, Sailthru, Braze
- 5+ years in performance marketing specific depth and at least 2 years in email marketing
- Skill at in-flight campaign optimization, active in-season business management
- Passionate about customer retention campaign program management
- Cross-functional leader who always comes to the table with an open mind and balances the business and the customer
- Experience working with creative team, allocating creative resources against an annual campaign strategy and optimizing creative processes
- Experience managing email marketing in a high-growth environment, ideally digital-first ecommerce or subscription service experience
- Experience coding emails and email templates, launching campaigns and measuring performance and channel success
- Hands on experience and working knowledgeable with ESP and marketing automation tools, such as Sailthru, Braze or equivalent
- Knowledge of email best practices, including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam law, unsubscribe rates
- Data-driven with a skill at campaign program reporting and synthesis of insights
- You have a sincere love for the consumer, and desire to improve their experience
- You have the uncanny ability to balance speed of execution vs. quality control
- You have a proven track record of growing email engagement and revenue through list growth, continuous testing, personalization and segmentation
- You are a recognized leader in performance marketing
- You love the balance or creativity and analysis that a career in marketing affords you
- You are passionate about email marketing, and love working cross-functionally to actively manage an email program
- If needed, you can code an email template or web page in HTML & CSS
- Ridiculous organization and are detail-oriented. Nothing slips through the cracks
- It’s important to you to work for a mission-driven business that’s changing the face of commerce
- You call yourself highly skilled and could train others to use at least two of: Mixpanel, Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker, Sailthru, or any enterprise-grade ESP
- Core Benefits: Stock options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options, Short term and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Perks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Perkspot discount platform, Quarterly peer recognition awards, Class Pass discount, Free VIP Membership + 25% off every Grove order
- Work/Life: Internet reimbursement, Flexible Paid Time Off, 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave + discounts on fertility services
ABOUT GROVE COLLABORATIVE :
Launched in 2016 as a Certified B Corp, Grove Collaborative creates innovative natural products and offers a curated selection of healthy home essentials like cleaning supplies and personal care products. With a flexible, monthly delivery model and a personal Grove Guide assigned to each customer, Grove’s platform makes it easy for people to switch to healthier, more sustainable routines. Every item Grove offers, both from their flagship Grove Collaborative brand and from exceptional third party brands, has been thoroughly vetted against strict standards for sustainability, efficacy and supply chain practices. On a mission to move Beyond Plastic, Grove is the first and only plastic neutral retailer in the world and is committed to becoming 100% plastic-free by 2025. For more information, please visit www.grove.co/plastic .
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.