Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
The Email Marketing Manager will work on creating relevant and compelling email communications to our 60M+ registered learners, working to activate, retain, and convert learners in our core business. This role will own execution of weekly consumer emails as well as lifecycle journeys, including, but not limited to, calendaring, creative briefs, email coding, campaign setup, QA, testing, reporting, and analysis. In addition, they will work with their business partners and guide on best practices, overall strategy, testing plans, segmentation, and overall growth and optimization.
Reporting directly to Coursera’s Sr. Manager, Lifecycle & Email Marketing, this role will help to enrich the learner experience, and help further Coursera’s mission to improve lives through education. The right candidate is a blend of strategic thinker and executor—being able to think three steps ahead while still getting the day-to-day work done. They have experience in consumer marketing, strong project management and organizational skills, proven success working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, and wants to be part of an organization committed to a social mission.
- Drive strategy, execution and analysis of Coursera’s weekly consumer marketing emails and lifecycle journeys to drive activation, enrollment, and utilization
- Ensure flawless execution of multiple email campaigns throughout entire process: From planning, briefing, segmentation definition, testing plans, lite email coding, QA, campaign set up, to reporting
- Leverage data to provide actionable insights for future strategy
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure priorities are clear and actioned on and optimal learner experience is achieved
- Collaborate with business requesters to drive innovation, optimize emails, and advise on best practices and strategy
- Ideate, strategize and execute on testing ideas and new opportunities to improve process and/or metrics
- 4+ years of email marketing experience
- Demonstrated planning and executional skills - planning, writing briefs, segmentation, campaign setup, QA, testing, reporting. Experience managing and building lifecycle programs
- Experience managing multiple projects with flawless execution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; has leveraged data to drive decisions and turned results into actionable learnings
- Demonstrated history managing multi-layered projects across various cross-functional teams, hitting milestones and achieving KPIs
- Has managed global and/or localized emails
- Experience building email campaigns and journeys in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Ability to code emails (HTML, CSS, and mobile responsive email design)
- Has managed email databases with audience size of 5M+
- Ability to prioritize, work cooperatively and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for education
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.