Role: Email Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Hours: Full time
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Email Manager is a new and exciting role that will be responsible for the maintenance and nurturing of The Trevor Project’s owned email channel and initiatives. The Email Manager will play a central role in creating and optimizing email strategies and tactics in service of The Trevor Project’s organizational goals across each of the organization’s pillars, including crisis services, research, advocacy, education, and more.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will fully own The Trevor Project’s email marketing ecosystem, including but not limited to email composition and deployment, mailing list upkeep and lead-generation strategies, and content planning and strategy. The Email Manager will regularly collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to determine and understand organizational priorities and needs. This role will execute and optimize multiple email marketing initiatives at once, focused on a wide range of objectives and audiences (e.g., cause marketing; brand marketing to increase awareness/positive perception of the organization; conversion-based marketing, etc.). This is an ideal role for a highly strategic, outcome-oriented digital marketing professional passionate about serving LGBTQ young people.
Who you are
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You know that delivering on goals and metrics is the key to having a significant impact and growing our programs. And, you’re at home in a fast-paced work environment.
- A copywriting guru. You have a way with words; and, you have experience writing, editing, and optimizing copy for email (and, maybe, other channels).
- An email marketing maestro. You understand the ins-and-outs of email marketing platforms, and have worked regularly in email marketing platforms. Proficiency working in Mailchimp is required. Competency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and a willingness to become certified in Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects at once. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Builder. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Manage and develop email strategy, planning, and deployment for The Trevor Project’s owned email initiatives, including initiatives specific to campaigns, individual giving, and partnerships
- Work closely with relevant external vendors to deploy email strategies and initiatives
- Regularly collaborate with internal departments to plan email strategies and tactics aligned with organizational goals across all of The Trevor Project’s pillars, including crisis services, research, advocacy, education, and TrevorSpace
- Serve as an internal expert in regards to email marketing, and work collaboratively with key organizational stakeholders to develop email strategies and tactics tied to organizational priorities across all of The Trevor Project
- Manage, maintain, and nurture The Trevor Project’s mailing lists, including growth and retention strategies. Also, develop and optimize email audience strategies, including but not limited to segmentation and A/B testing
- Compose, edit, and optimize email messaging in Mailchimp, as well as develop and maintain scalable processes for regular email optimization, e.g., messaging and subject line A/B testing
- Lead determination of email marketing KPIs, and oversee strategy implementation, project management, tracking, measurement, and debriefs
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including Summer Fridays
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend and reimbursement to outfit your work from home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered - use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Email Manager at The Trevor Project!