The Phoenix Suns are seeking a dynamic and experienced marketing professional specializing in email campaign strategy, marketing automation, and SMS to join our Digital team. This individual will be responsible for driving the organization’s email marketing strategy, supporting growth and optimization of the marketing database, customer engagement, and elevating our brand strategies. The Email Marketing Manager will work closely with our Brand Marketing, Business Intelligence, and Ticket Sales teams to develop and execute email campaigns to support engagement KPIs and revenue goals. The ideal candidate is a creative, analytical thinker who excels in applying attention to detail, organization, and project management skills to a rapidly changing and fast paced environment.
What You Will Do
- Run day-to-day execution of email marketing and SMS strategies, including template design, campaign creation, customer segmentation, A/B testing, and technical execution.
- Own email marketing operations, including managing, planning, scheduling, proofing, and quality assurance testing strategies.
- Design, build, optimize, and troubleshoot responsive HTML email templates.
- Create data-driven approaches to track and analyze campaign performance in support of KPIs.
- Employ constant A/B testing to optimize emails for conversion.
- Analyze and track key metrics like open, click, and conversion rates and be able to present them to senior leaders.
- Create and maintain a trigger email program that will react to the customer lifecycle and help to maximize retention.
- Manage and identify new opportunities to drive engagement through automated journeys.
- Collaborate with leadership to create a best-in-class email and SMS strategy, and define and prioritize growth initiatives that support our digital strategy roadmap.
What We Need From Our Manager
- 4+ years of email marketing experience, utilizing Eloqua, Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or a similar enterprise Marketing Automation platform
- Experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, SMS marketing, and web analytics
- Knowledge of key email fundamentals: responsive design, CAN-SPAM compliance, deliverability, A/B testing, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Google Analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and within a cross-functional team
- Manage assets and communication with other departments
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- HTML knowledge (required)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop (preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Platform (preferred)
- Experience with enterprise SMS marketing tools like Airship, Attentive Mobile, Sinch, or Twilio (highly preferred)
- Experience with personalized content solutions like Campaign Genius, Iterable, or Movable Ink (highly preferred)
- Experience with A/B Testing Marketing Emails (required)
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed
- Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
- Mostly indoor work, outdoor work possible but rare
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs
- Must be able to work in front of a computer screen during the work day
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.