Nexcess, a fast growing provider of Digital Commerce Cloud hosting for SMBs and their creators, is looking for a marketing professional who is passionate about developing integrated and automated email programs and campaigns to grow and nurture relationships with prospects, partners and customers, is committed to action-oriented analysis, and is always thinking of new things to test and new ways to engage with customers. The right candidate will also thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative environment where you’re also able to work autonomously.
- Define, maintain, and evolve the overall direct-response email strategy focused on acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Own and execute all email marketing campaigns from ideation and development of content to audience targeting, list creation, testing, and deployment.
- Implement thoughtful experimentation to unlock high-impact campaigns and leverage automation to maximize engagement and retention throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Develop new and optimize existing drip campaigns/email flows including multiple Post-Purchase series, Winback, Abandoned Cart, and more.
- Optimize and/or relaunch existing transactional emails including Free Trial nurtures, Cart Abandonment, Onboarding, etc.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers.
Team and project management:
- Stay up to date with industry best practices for email deliverability and communication experience.
- Monthly syncs with brand/creative team to align on upcoming campaigns between email and social.
A/B testing, data and reporting:
- Manage, monitor, and report performance on all flows and campaigns.
- Conduct ongoing A/B tests of all aspects of the email strategy (subject lines, copy, frequency, time of day/week, etc.) and communicate the results of these tests through monthly reporting.
- Effectively strategize performance through insight-led segmentation, campaign planning, robust testing, and result analysis.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both written and verbal form).
- 3-5 years of CRM, email and retention experience with demonstrated experience in audience segmentation, and building, deploying and optimizing campaigns.
- eCommerce, WordPress or hosting industry experience is a plus.
- Experience using Pardot, Salesforce, and Hubspot.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Experience using data to develop, measure, and optimize marketing strategies to drive customer demand.
- Ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, or Sketch is preferred.
- Growth mindset, passion for bringing creativity to the direct-to-consumer marketing process.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to jump in on all kinds of projects, sometimes outside of normal day-to-day work.
- Excellent organizational skills with a good sense of prioritization.
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.