IRC’s Mass Markets USA team is responsible for the delivery of private sector resources and building meaningful relationships with our supporters.
We are seeking a hard-working and energized email marketer who is excited to contribute to a growing email program and passionate about humanitarian causes. The Email Marketing Manager will work closely with email marketing officers and the broader Supporter Engagement and Retention team to execute sharp, thoughtful, and effective email campaigns. They will be responsible for producing and deploying emails, helping to manage email calendars, helping to build donation pages, and developing and executing testing plans -- as well as contributing to overall email marketing and donor retention plans.
This technical but creative person should have a solid understanding of email marketing tactics and writing HTML/CSS for email templates.
- Execute email production, using HTML/CSS or a basic text reader, and maintain sophisticated donor journeys based on supporter data, in order to deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience
- Build and send emails in Acoustic and Pardot, as well as build donation forms in Springboard
- Build automated email series, including setting up triggers, logic, and email journeys
- Build audiences, queries, and segmentation to optimize email marketing program
- Set up and organize tracking in URLs to optimize analytics, and therefore results
- Support and streamline quality assurance testing to ensure all email program materials are flawless, including email copy, tracking, landing pages, and metadata
- Troubleshoot and fix errors in emails and cross-platform test emails
- Support short-term (A/B and mutli-variant) and long-term testing strategies to optimize the email marketing program, including tracking email performance and crafting analytics reports
- Work closely with the email marketing team to help manage overall email strategy for Mass Markets USA, including calendaring, audience segmentation, and donation pages -- as well as support on advocacy emails and Resettlement, Asylum, and Integration (RAI) US email efforts as needed
- Pitching in with developing email content, including calls-to-action, graphics, and other tactics
- Work closely with the Content and Creative Team in project management processes across teams
- Be ready to engage our lists at a moment’s notice during rapid response moments
- Implement email marketing best practices, including email deliverability and list hygiene
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and innovations in email marketing
- Collaborate in other projects as needs arise.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of professional experience in email marketing and/or digital fundraising, including production and execution of email campaigns (nonprofit or digital agency experience a plus)
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and adaptively in a highly collaborative, interdependent team environment
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Experience working with and/or building a sizeable email list (100k+ subscribers)
- Email Marketing Platform experience is required, Pardot experience preferred
- Shown CRM experience, Salesforce experience preferred
- Strong practical understanding of and proven experience with using HTML and CSS for email coding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to catch even the most minor of errors
- Ability to track, analyze and summarize performance results
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, and Excel, as well as experience using project management platforms
- Experience with SMS program execution and production is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priority projects
- Project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high-productivity environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and solve practical and technical problems or issues
- Loves collaboration and brainstorming and can work well with colleagues across the organization
- Is passionate about email marketing, as well as our cause, and seeks to help transform the lives of people affected by humanitarian crises
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.