Are you passionate about marketing and looking to join a team where you can grow and advance your career? Do you enjoy building strategies, leading high-performing teams, and championing email practice excellence? If so, come join the creative and strategic thinkers in Best Buy Canada’s Marketing team.
We are a team made up of over a hundred, diverse and talented marketers all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers. The Email Marketing Manager is an integral member of our consent-based marketing team, who leads and elevates Best Buy's customer communication & email strategy through team empowerment, data-driven decision making, and email practice ownership.
As an Email Marketing Manager, you will…
- Oversee the planning, development, and execution of direct customer communication, including email & push notification marketing to maximize channel performance, customer/subscriber engagement, and growth. Ensure campaigns are integrated with Best Buy's holistic marketing strategy and plans.
- Lead a team of Email Marketing Specialists and Sr. Coordinators. Provide training, coaching and daily guidance on the execution of email marketing plans and personal/career development.
- Develop engaging journeys and lifecycle programs to drive customer loyalty and retention.
- Drive revenue and conversion through pre- and post-purchase triggered campaigns.
- Partner closely with the Email Operations, Capabilities, and Audiences leadership team to ensure team resources and priorities are aligned, working on the highest value/most important initiatives, and delivering the best return on investment.
- Leverage multiple sources of data to make strategic decisions that drive action and incremental value. Oversee email marketing reporting including the preparation of a monthly MBR. Proactively provide channel forecasts, insights, and recommendations to stakeholders to influence change.
We hope you are passionate about…
- People Empowerment – you care about the individuals on your team and are committed to their growth and success
- Customer Experience – you put the customer first
- Storytelling – you strive to tell stories through data that drives actionable insights
- Brand Love – you have a passion for brands and approach your work with integrity
- Continuous Improvement – you are curious, inquisitive, and always looking for ways to evolve and grow
The experience we need…
- 5+ years’ marketing experience, with a focus on email and consent-based marketing, lifecycle marketing, and acquisition marketing.
- Strong people leadership & management skills with the ability to inspire and engage employees.
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to influence decisions.
- Critical thinking and data literacy. The ability to transform data into valuable, relevant, compelling, and visually intuitive insights.
- 5+ years’ experience with marketing platforms, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Adobe Analytics
- 2+ year(s) experience working in an agile team or matrix organization; familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Advanced understanding of Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and its impact on communication and targeting. Understands CCPA, GDPR and other privacy and data regulations and potential changes to those requirements.
- Experience with omni-channel retail
- Experience working with Google Marketing Platform, Facebook, and other digital marketing platforms
This position offers a flexible work environment.
At our head office, soon to be in beautiful Vancouver, BC, we practice a remote first working model, leveraging in person interactions for strategic, collaborative and social purposes.
Join our amazing team!
We are looking for people just like you.