Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Summary Of Duties
The Email Marketing Manager will lead the execution of Amtrak’s marketing and loyalty program email communications. They will also manage the overall vision and roadmap for the email channel, a key component of Amtrak’s evolving digital marketing capabilities and a critical driver of customer engagement and revenue. The manager is responsible for working collaboratively and cross-functionally to continue to advance Amtrak’s objectives for email marketing.
- Support the strategic direction of Amtrak’s email program. This includes ad-hoc, recurring and automated or “trigger” campaigns. Gain alignment from key stakeholders across the organization.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and strategy across other channels of communication and that each campaign meets brand guidelines.
- Manage various aspects of the email program, including customer segmentation and audience management, creative review (copy, images), QA testing, approvals management and scheduling.
- Track email campaign results, analyzing data and providing reports to stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and share out information on projects and campaigns to leadership, key stakeholders and others.
- Take a customer-centric approach, using data and insights to design, pilot and test new campaigns to meet KPIs and drive revenue.
- Optimize and evolve the email channel to stay on pace with industry trends, new technology, standards and regulations. Continuously audit and evaluate current campaigns for opportunities to improve and automate.
- Support and collaborate with stakeholders and internal clients on campaigns to support secondary goals in revenue generation and customer communications.
- Collaborate with external agency partners on a day to day basis to support and manage the email program. Serve different roles as needed (marketer, channel owner, analyst, contributor) based on the needs of the project and team make-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree required OR equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- At least 7 years of relevant experience required (some combination of digital marketing, email marketing and loyalty program experience).
- Experience in the following: implementing integrated marketing plans, database management, direct response marketing programs and outbound email programs.
- Proficiency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar enterprise ESP or marketing automation platform.
- Proficiency with analytics tools and applications such as Excel or Adobe Analytics
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, proposals and results to leaders and stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience in travel, hospitality or transportation marketing to consumers
- Excellent editing, proofreading and written communication skills. Attention to detail is critical for testing, QA of campaigns.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) –knowledge of the entire suite of tools within SFMC including: Content, Subscriber Data, Interactions, Automation Studio, Tracking, Reporting, and Admin.
- Experience with segmentation analysis and data mining methodologies aimed at acquisition, retention, loyalty marketing.
- Knowledge of sales cycle fundamentals and lifecycle communication best practices.
Communications And Interpersonal Skills
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Requisition ID: 63690
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia
Job Family/Function: Marketing
Relocation Offered: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.