A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from roller-coasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
We are looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager (CRM) to join a dynamic eCommerce team as highly talented Email and CRM expert supporting all North American Merlin attractions including: LEGOLAND Resorts, Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Aquarium and LEGOLAND Discovery Centres. Success in the role requires a highly collaborative, creative, driven and self-motivated individual who has a passion for delivering customer-first digital experiences through email marketing, customer segmentation, and database management. This is a 6 month fixed term contract based at our Basingstoke or Poole office.
Working closely with the North American regional teams, you will to develop Email Marketing and CRM strategies to build databases, drive quality traffic and improve guest engagement to the attraction websites and other digital channels. The role is responsible for managing customer data, leveraging ongoing insight and driving campaigns through the Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud platforms.
As you will be liaising closely with teams in the US, you will need to be prepared to work outside of standard UK hours where required.
We are looking for the following skills & experience...
- Educated to a minimum Degree standard, ideally in Marketing/Business Studies or related subjects.
- Proven experience in a global Sales & Marketing environment.
- Demonstrative experience of working within a similar role.
- Strong creative skills.
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of working with Enterprise ESP’s, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Proficient use of Excel to create and update reports and work with large data sets to draw insight from.
- Working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- An excellent communicator and influencer.
- Great Stakeholder manager (of both internal & external Stakeholders).
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for digital.
- A data-driven, proactive and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Flexibility in adapting to fast-changing priorities and a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and hit the ground running within a hands-on role.
- You thrive on ownership and accountability – and have a proven track record of acting on your initiative to deliver change.
- Excellent time management with the ability to work to and meet firm deadlines.
- Good negotiation skills and good agency management.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Here at Merlin Entertainments we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we’re all about providing equal opportunities to the whole team. Because of this we are committed to an active all together programme which starts with our recruitment and selection process.