At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The Email Marketing Lead is responsible for all aspects of the email channel, including process, development, automation, and reporting. This position will oversee the channel and actively build and send emails. The Email Marketing Lead will use data-driven insights and knowledge of best practices to help drive optimization strategies across the channel for multiple retail electricity brands.
This position works closely with other teams within Marketing, Operations, and Digital.
- Own every stage of the end-to-end email process for marketing campaigns and customer communications, including managing an Email Production Analyst.
- Complete development, testing, deployment, and reporting tasks for assigned email projects to align with deadlines.
- Conduct rigorous QA/QC and UAT processes on all email projects to ensure proper rendering and functionality across multiple email clients & alignment with creative assets.
- Create, manage, and continuously refine email development, testing, deployment, automation, and reporting to increase efficiency, streamline process, and improve customer experience.
- Analyze campaign performance to quantify success and/or identify potential opportunities for improvement; send digestible reports with takeaways and insights to stakeholders.
- Proactively turn insights into actionable recommendations that can shift customer behavior.
- Manage email calendar that identifies development, testing, deployment and reporting for all email projects; shared tool with various business groups.
- Implement template updates as needed to ensure consistency across brand assets.
- Actively involved in engagement with Salesforce – technical and professional services – to provide direction, feedback, and assist with implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in email marketing with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or a similar marketing automation platform.
- Expert in building responsive emails in a text editor with knowledge of common email rendering issues & how to troubleshoot.
- As a part of the NRG commitment to the health, safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the community, this role requires weekly COVID-19 testing for employees who are not fully vaccinated.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of email marketing best practices.
- Strong understanding of targeting, segmentation, and personalization of email campaigns and how to implement.
- Expert in data analysis with ability to build reports with strategic insights & extract insights and actionable recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to present complex concepts effectively at both the tactical and strategic/executive levels.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with proven ability to think critically and make strategic decisions based on data analytics.
- Proven analytical, business planning, strategic planning, and leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter: proactive nature with excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills to collaborate across departments and organizations.
- Desire to make a difference for the environment is a plus.
- Majority of work performed on a personal computer in a seated position.
- Hybrid Work schedule; a combination of working remotely from home and 1-2 days a week in the office.
- Ability to work on a computer and use a telephone is required. #CB-TA
- NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
- EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
- Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
- Official description on file with Human Resources