You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Email Marketing Coding Specialist
An Email Marketing Coding Specialist designs, codes and QA's marketing and service emails that deploy from The Hartford. This position is responsible for ensuring our emails adhere to email best practices and is within CAN-SPAM requirements. It’s also tasked with evolving The Hartford’s email templates, ensuring they follow brand standards and are up-to-date with the latest HTML coding trends. This position is also responsible for the coding and designing of some landing pages.
- Email Coding (~50% of the time): Responsible for the coding and QAing of marketing and transactional email templates supporting lines of business across the enterprise.
- Email Design: Responsible for the design of emails and banner ads.
- Web Coding/Design: Responsible for the design, coding, and QA’ing of landing pages in support of email campaigns.
- Account Management (Non-Essential): Drive email strategy, oversee deployments and report on results.
- Analysis (Non-Essential): Report out on stats for select campaigns to clients and in Monthly Business Review meetings.
- HTML/CSS proficiency a must.
- Experience working with an ESP, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Movable Ink or Email on Acid a plus.
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge and/or interest in learning Deliverability
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Fast learner.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work around tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative eye.
- Understanding of user experience/responsive design/accessibility as it relates to email and web.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and coding for email or websites (required).
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in email marketing (required).
- Experience in the financial services industry (preferred).
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition.
The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$73,200 - $109,800
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own.