United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for implementing and using technology solutions to contact, engage, nurture, and expand UWSL’s current donor, advocate, and volunteer bases. The EMS is responsible for executing email campaigns specific to marketing, outreach, and engagement goals and priorities. The ideal candidate should have proven success building and managing a variety of email programs for various audiences. In this role, you will oversee all stages of our email campaigns – including list development and segmentation, reporting, and optimization. You will collaborate with other teams including Resource Development, Data Operations, Collective Impact, and 211 to develop email campaigns and analyze results.
- Build and manage email campaigns end-to-end, including set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deploy email campaigns that are compelling, accurate, and audience specific.
- Use data from multiple sources to segment and communicate with constituents. (CRM, email marketing platform, web analytics, etc.)
- Develop, evaluate, and iterate A/B testing procedures.
- Provide meaningful analysis of data to stakeholders to proactively adapt/improve strategy and ROI.
- Manage list development and segmentation, list aggregation, email campaign performance analysis, and forecasting and reporting as it relates to business planning.
- Integrate email automation into marketing strategies.
- Manage monthly and year-long email campaign calendars across the organization.
- Work with United Way Worldwide on cross-marketing email engagement and advocacy campaigns.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate digital strategies with the goal to increase delivery, open, click through, action taken, and related success measures.
- Keep contact data clean using automation tools and manual processes to update CRM and email marketing platform(s).
- Organization subject matter expert and business owner of email marketing tools and preference center.
- Digital asset management within email marketing platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. $52,000-57,000. Salary commensurate with experience.
- We are a hybrid employer- meaning candidates must be able to work in-person, weekly, at our Salt Lake City office as well as from home.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business building digital and technology applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar experience
- 1 year of experience creating and managing email marketing campaigns through technology; knowledgeable of techniques and trends
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack a plus)
- Proficient with email marketing tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot a plus)
- Understanding of digital marketing analytics
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM act, and preference center best practices
- Experience with HTML and CSS coding
- Experience in non-profit a plus
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices; must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare, and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee must have the means and ability to travel; to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 30lbs.