Join the SANS Team
At SANS, our culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Our goal is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to fight against the “bad guys” (Mission) while delivering the highest quality training (Brand) to our students. We want employees whose personal values align well with our culture of fairness, honesty, customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
This is a remote position, so the right individual would need to be comfortable working in a home office setting.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and committed to accuracy, with a proven track record supporting lead generation and nurturing activities.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be primarily responsible for supporting our business unit and central marketing managers with their marketing campaigns, from concept to reporting, A/B testing, and optimization. In this role, you will provide email operational expertise and support by creating, testing, building the list, and scheduling of emails. This role also will be responsible to set-up landing pages, web to lead forms, and email journeys.
The ideal applicant would have a passion for marketing technology, the ability to juggle multiple projects and communicate clearly. This is a perfect position for someone looking to advance their digital marketing career.
- Assist in managing global email calendar to ensure all deliverables are received on time. Oversee incoming email requests and help to identify potential audience overlap.
- Work closely with business units to build and test all email campaigns to ensure all dynamic content and personalization is working as expected.
- Act as a project manager in development of landing pages to ensure the necessary technical requirements are met to allow proper lead/contact flow.
- Building multi-step communication journeys that include integrated email and sales outreach.
- Develop, and maintain, inventory of all email templates, content blocks and standard icons/graphics for use by our marketing teams.
- Create targeted data extensions based on requested audience for campaign. Assist in automating data extension refreshes, when possible.
- Ensuring proper UTM parameters are implemented within the emails.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements including documentation updates.
- Audit mails to improve deliverability and rendering across the primary email providers and platforms.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of emails within Business Units and among Business Units to develop best practices and identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our communication.
- Proving back-up administration duties within our email marketing system.
- 1+ years of email marketing experience with a leading email service provider
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Expertise and passion in email operations with tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget), Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot
- Experience building audiences using Salesforce SQL
- Experience building landing pages with form integration
- Ability to quickly learn new marketing technology applications
- Being a stickler for quality in both user experience (email, landing pages) and data
- Team player – A collaborative and cross-functional team member, able to multi-task and get input from multiple other, busy professionals
- Enthusiasm for operational efficiency and processes – Identifying new methods to improve our processes through our marketing technology
- Extremely well organized and meticulously detailed to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of web analytics tools, in particular Google Analytics
- Proven track record of attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of HTML and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of customer data and data relationships to build unique segments
Why Work with Us?
- Every person at SANS is working to fight the good fight every single day. What we do matters, a lot. If you are looking for a job that has real meaning and you’d like to work with people who care deeply about what they do, we’ve got that.
- We work hard (see point above), but we don’t forget to have fun. “I want a job that is dull,” said no one ever.
- We believe in fostering a culture of servant leadership – command and control is so 1990s. We look for brilliant people that are great at what they do because they love what they are doing.
- We are humble. Every person may be the smartest person in the room, but we quietly learn from each other.
- We know that teams are exponentially more successful than the sum of their individuals. Our team’s value what each member brings to the table and also values continuous improvement of each team member as well as the whole team.
- We love learning. And we love working with people who love learning. Our industry changes every single day; stagnation is not an option.
- We care about our people. People aren’t robots and they aren’t resources. They are human beings with lives outside of work, and that matters to us. We intentionally cultivate a work-family culture.
- And of course, we offer the usual goodies – Medical / Dental insurance, PTO, 401k match, and the like.
You will work from home, and SANS will provide you with essential office supplies, including a laptop computer, monitor (if applicable), office supplies, and reimbursements for work-related expenses, including internet access. This position requires the Email Marketing Specialist to be available and working during standard business hours, Monday through Friday from 8AM – 5PM. Because most employees of SANS work from home, we are frequent and comfortable users of Slack and Zoom (or other video-conferencing technologies).
Equal Opportunity Employer
SANS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact SANS Human Resources.