Mollie is on an exciting growth journey. We are on a mission to become the most loved European payment service provider and we are expanding rapidly into new countries. We are the home of ‘Mollies’ who make this place a great place to work and build friends for life.
As Email Marketer you constantly improve the results of our email marketing campaigns throughout all phases of the customer journey. You own the email marketing experience, and work in close collaboration with content marketers and performance marketers to configure, measure and deliver effective email campaigns that deliver results and delight our audience.
You will own Mollie’s email marketing program and continuously drive improvement through optimisation and automation, with a focus on optimising click-thru rates and contribution to lead generation. As the go-to person for all things email marketing, you will collaborate with stakeholders to review and improve email marketing processes, and ensure excellent data quality and hygiene.
Reporting into the VP of Marketing, you have a chance to play a crucial part in building the future of Marketing at Mollie. You will work across multiple cross-functional teams to make sure that all the marketers around you get most out of email as an important marketing channel. You will own the campaign management and calendar, provide crucial input and work closely together with all data driven acquisition & retention marketing activities. You are an eager professional with great interest, enthusiasm and experience in email marketing. You have strong collaboration skills and experience in working with email, performance, campaign management, and digital marketers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead planning and oversee execution of Mollie's email marketing calendar.
- Drive execution and roll out of new triggers, automation and personalisation tactics.
- Establish goals and KPIs for Mollie's email marketing program and report to the broader marketing team on campaigns and achievements.
- Analyse and report on email performance, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis and industry best practices to draw insights for optimisation.
- Drive engaged user list growth through innovative opt-in strategies.
- Develop an ongoing testing strategy that allows for iterative improvement, implementing regular testing in day-to-day email sends.
- Build and optimise segmentation and email content personalisation strategies by leveraging user behaviour and activity data.
- Deliver against key engagement and revenue goals for daily commerce and editorial emails.
- Manage and execute on ad-hoc email requests, including building of target audience list.
- Occasional HTML coding as necessary.
- Ensure continuity of Mollie's brand.
- Grow and maintain a high standard of email delivery success rates, CTRs, and conversions.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 3 years of email marketing experience for B2B brand(s).
- Scale-up experience is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of email service providers (e.g., Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Marketo) from platform implementation to day-to-day experience with campaign execution.
- Demonstrated history of growing email engagement and revenue through list growth, continuous testing, personalisation and segmentation.
- A working understanding of statistical concepts critical for A/B testing and optimisation.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment as it relates to email in the EU.
- High proficiency and hands-on experience in marketing automation technology.
- Hands-on experience with HTML and responsive email templates.
- Nice to have: SQL experience or willing to learn..
- Ability to oversee lots of moving parts with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is required; other European languages (German, French, Dutch) are a big plus.
- Marketing Cloud certification a major plus.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you. We might ask you to participate in a challenge - of which we will ask you to present virtually.
Mollie is a pioneer in online payments and well known in the fin-tech industry. Moreover we are one of the fastest growing payment service providers in Europe. We help businesses of all sizes sell and scale more efficiently with a solid and easy-to-use payment solution.
With the help of our simple and clear payment API we offer various payment methods in one go. In doing so, we make a complex process simple. Over 120.000 customers already trust Mollie for their online payments. For them we process millions of purchases seamlessly
As such, we are the most beloved Payment Service Provider for medium size companies. Our product first approach, transparency and great partnership network helped us to get where we are right now!
We are an international team of about 500 professionals. Most of us work from our HQ office in Amsterdam, but we also have employees in Belgium, France and Germany.